General questions about torrents

bschneider

Hello,

I am new at the topic of torrents and searched some FAQs and guides about them, but they didn't really answer my questions, so, although I know, there have to be answers to find on the internet, I wanted to ask here, before searching multiple hours. I made a screenshot to illustrate what I'm asking, so you aren't confused about what I mean (Imageshack).

As you can see in the picture, I'm not english but I'll try my best to clearly explain you my problems, I think and hope they are quite simple. First of all, if you take a look at the first download, please. I have 0(1) seeds and 2(5) peers that are available. First question: Why isn't that one seed und the 3 remaining peers used? Second question: Why isn't it downloading? It clearly says that two peers are in use, but nothing happens? Third question/problem: I recognized that the upload is between very low and non-existing. But I haven't limited the upload and I'm not selfish, it would be great, if someone could use my upload to get his download finished, but µTorrent just won't upload very much. Do you know why?

I think that's it for now, I hope I don't annoy you, because it may be easy to find this and I just used the wrong terms using Google and of course, I would be happy, if someone could answer my questions.

Sure, in general, the program works, you see the one upload that's downloading with about 300 kb/s? That's completely enough for me, I just didn't understand very well, why the torrents are sometimes not even at 1 kb/s. And what was more confusing is the fact, that the torrent with these problems(the first one) was partially downloading with about 1 mb/s! Now it stopped and is stuck at 85%, that caused my confusion. Well, thank you very much again, you really helped me :)

Because the only seed staying was a fast one. So you downloaded the torrent very fastly, then the seed has disconnected for an unknown reason. Now the others and you are alone with an incomplete torrent (85% or 10%, whatever). If no seed join the swam in the future., the torrent will be dead.

Archived