Upload speed is way too slow & other stuff

brunoais

My upload speed is way too slow, the number of peers I'm connecting to is really small (less than 10 for about 50 torrents),

tracker is working as supposed to, connection speed limit for download working

connection speed limit for upload (can't test now) tried shutting down zone alarm and no change,

tried uninstalling zone alarm and no change,

tried turning off windows firewall and no change (with zone alarm uninstalled).

Utorrent tells network ok, it's working as it should. I had encryption enabled and also tried setting to forced.

While utorrent is working internet from time to time (not regular) slows to a complete hault for some seconds (15 seconds up to 1 minute).

The program the causes this stop is svchost (LocalNetworkAndNoImpresonation).

The stops only happen while utorrent is working.

The upload settings are set automatically.

I have 1Mb/s of upload and I even set it to 512Kb/s (because it was having this problem).

I have this problem since about 5 days and don't know what caused it. I use avast antivirous.

The torrent download goes freely to 4MB/s, upload isn't more than 6 KB/s rarely 7KB/s the limiter is set to 46KB/s.

I can't make the speed test using utorrent because it always fails with error 10053 (a local networking problem closed the connection) while uploading test.

Help?

BTW. How can I turn this into an ol (ordered list)?

EVERYTHING you've tried so far, including ANYTHING listed above (please be as explicit and specific as you can). Tell us what your changed settings are.

See up there. All settings in the advanced are the predefined ones exept for the number of half_open which is 10.

Already tried the changes asked elsewhere in this site and no positive results.

The state/value of all of the options you were recommended to change up above.

None

Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window)

Green

What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes

Port is open. Your internet is properly configured

What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent)

Can't make the speed test. The server always closes the connection.

The speedtest.net shows 1Mb/s of upload but I set utorrent to 768kb/s

What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent), and if you ever modified TCPIP.sys, what you patched the limit to

Never modified the TCPIP.sys. net.max_halfopen current value is 10.

Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?)

Windows NT 6.1 build:7600

Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware)

Zonealarm + avast. For almost 1 year didn't give me any problems. Maybe an update that I didn't notice?

Exact router model(s), and exact modem model

It's router and modem in the same equipment. I have it for 2 years from now. It's from the company I have internet from. ZON TVCabo. It works ok.

ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used

ZON TVCabo Portugal.

Connection type (DSL, cable, dial-up), and the results obtained from the speed test (when running the Speed Guide), for both download AND upload. Be sure that you aren't using your connection for any other reason besides testing, while testing. That means no downloading, no IMing, no µTorrent running, no browser activity (other than the testing), etc. Additionally, no other computer on your network (if any) should be using the connection. When you select a testing mirror, use the ones that are geographically closest to you.

Cable & wireless depends on where I am.

Speeds: 1165825170.png

I had to use this one because the one incorporated in utorrent isn't working (see above for more)

uTorrent will ONLY ever be able to get UP TO 100kbyte/sec of upload given your internet connection, and low demand for torrents you're seeding will reduce that.

That's the amount of upload I have been getting until some days ago. That's the amount I want back!

If there's no one to upload to, you won't upload.

It seems like it just is unable to find those people when it's time to upload. They exist. The tracker says it so (all info is delayed until 10 minutes. If no one connects in 7 min the trackers I use don't list them) but...

It was going ok until that (unknown problem) started to happen.

Also I'm experiencing internet stops. I have been testing for 4 days what could be the cause but I have no answer yet. I only know that it happens only when utorrent is on (see 1st post). When the internet stops utorrent stops responding and (according to the resource monitor) it keeps waiting for svchost (LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation) to finish the I/O. And svchost (LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation) is waiting for himself (another thread) to finish the I/O. I need help. I know there are peers. The tracker shows are ppl raising the amount of the file they have downloaded (the site allows me to view it).

ADD: Dunno what really happened. Since yesterday it seems to be back to normal... Even now I'm able to make the speed test. Could it be a problem with the ISP?

Archived