HELP! What's happened to my download speed?

johnnybucks72

Hi everybody

First off let me explain that I am not a tech head and don't know much about how peer to peer works and all the technical stuff involved. All I can say is that I am having speed related problems using UTorrent V.2.2. Let me try and explain.

I have been using Utorrent to download files such as music, movies and documents from the internet for a while now and have always been able to download these files at a fast rate and without any problems. Naturally, I would always download a file with the highest number of peers, which always gave me a fast download. For example, if I was to download a music album with a file size of say 150MB then I could have it finished and downloaded in less than an hour.

Then, last Sunday all that changed and for no apparent reason my download speed dropped substantially. The first thing I did was to run a test in the set up guide and sometimes my connection became intermittent and my port was not open. I had not changed settings or done anything that might of caused this to happen which is bizarre.

I have followed instructions on the page titled "Port Forwarding Utorrent on the Huawei EchoLife-HG520s" on the Port Forward website and used the Simple Port Forwarding application which has successfully opened the port for utorrent and I also now have a good network connection based on my current settings. However, it hasn't seemed to have solved the problem as my download speed is still slow and no where near what it used to be.

Can someone please tell me what is going on and how I can fix this problem? How did it happen in the first place that's what is puzzling me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Johnny

Hey, is ur download rate overall range from 8.00 - 15.00Kbs, i have some torrents active, some of which are seed by over 200 people and out of those seeds 10 - 20 or even more people r activily seeding as i type this and yet the average rate for a torrent out the 23 is 0.6kbs and the highest rate ive seen so far is 2.6kbs, this jus suddenly happen i dont kno what is either

Archived