New utorrent.com redesign - give us your feedback!

Firon

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I have some "problems" in Russian language in the forum's profile page :)

Perhaps something forgot to translate :rolleyes:

e73eca9d223806dcf9cb0ca24896b442.jpeg e134586395a074e2e594c701b9a507d8.jpeg

And I finally understood why I could not send a letter to the developer! There was no link to e-mail yet switched to English!

In Russian:

ff8041acd6d8451cfafad7165551297b.jpeg

In English:

e5430566b52469639be391b15cec6088.jpeg

I really like new design of the site! It's cool! Thank you! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have mixed feelings about the newest update. I do like the color scheme better than the previous one (less dominant) but I have NO clue what the MAROON colored downloads mean. Where can I find that?

More in general: there is TOO much unexplained inside slang in utorrent. Simple users like me are too often confronted with messages that I don't understand at all, and I cannot find a tool to check them out.

My main 'complaint' about the new design is the integration of the status field with the progress bar. As a result it is no longer possible to SORT your torrents on the download percentage. Before I often used that, to quickly see which torrent downloads were about to complete, so that I could give them higher priority, more bandwidth or so. Is there any way to get that same result on screen now?

A minor 'loss' in my eyes is the white background for the speed tab at the bottom. I liked the black bachground with the green & red lines much more. But I admit: colors are always related to taste.

• 1 month later...

Hi, been using utorrent for some years..

In v3, suddenly had to go looking for info that had always been available by each torrent..

availability, and no. of seeds and peers.

These are especially important when deciding to leave a torrent running or not.

Eventually I found the info. under the 'Info' tab, but now it's harder to read.

Please could we have some 'View', 'Columns' options that would allow us to restore what was in the main GUI box of torrents? Or maybe I've missed that..

Similarly an option or icon that would allow 'View all' torrents (whether downloaded, seeding, completed etc) would be quicker to find a torrent I used to be able to find more quickly in V2.

Thanks!

Well, it looks like you get closer to the ideal with each change. It took me a few minutes to figure out this new version, but worth the effort. Nice job, Guys!!!! I would like to see a button or some such, to select all the torrents I have on uTorrent. This would facilitate one-handed selection for start/stop actions. But, this is a very well thought out torrent client!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Why do you no longer show the current version on the main page? Once you've had µTorrent installed for a while, that may very well be the only information you need from the web site. Now you have to click the Download button in order to see what version you can download (and that leads to a page that attempts to automatically start the download).

I guess I'll just form of habit of heading directly to www.utorrent.com/downloads instead.

• 4 months later...

about the same, but the new colors for the progress bars in both the top and the individual files are really terrible, very low contrast, weak pastel.

I reverted back to the previous version just because this annoyed me so much. On almost any rinky-dink program I have you can set the colors for things like this. uTorrent should have options for completed, downloading, unavailable and finished pieces and I'd upgrade. Why they felt the need to change the colors is beyond me, especially to low-contrast colours, when they know everyone is already used to the blue, green and red (which worked fine and were intuitive, plus they were saturated, primary and secondary colours which were very easy to see with high contrast.)

I think sometimes people will change things just for the sake of changing them, more easy items to add to the changelog, like they are actually accomplishing something. Don't fix what ain't broke, as the saying goes. Or else give us a choice on what colours we want to use. To me, it's an important feature, probably the only thing about the interface I really give a shite about, I don't care what the buttons look like, I want to be able to tell at a glance how my downloads are doing.

oh yeah, and ditto the above, what's up with no ratio column? another important stat that is actually very germane to your download speed.

Archived