Source file could not be read?

machinegunetiquette

Hello,

I'm having a bit of an error showing the following message. I was having this issue a few weeks ago when trying to download files but then I simply ended up forgetting about it. Today I tried again then decided to unload the program from my computer (windows vista) and reload it hopefully resetting whatever might have gone wrong. I'm honestly not very tech savvy so I don't really know what I'm doing, just trying what I can. So when I tried to reload utorrent the error sprung up again and it says this:

"C:\Users\Amanda\AppData\Local\Temp\spT7FfjY.exe.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator."

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm not the most tech savvy, as previously state, but any help would greatly be appreciated!

I'm not sure. I am using avast! with the window's firewall up. I took down the window's firewall and tried to download it before when I initially posted this but it didn't work with the same error. Should I try again? Also I'm using firefox when downloading, would it make a difference if I was using explorer verses firefox?

Archived