utui: A New Multi-user Web UI

click

utui: A New Multi-user Web UI

Screenshots

Brte0s.jpg vexqzs.png

Description

This is a simple, multi-user web interface for the uTorrent API.

It's written in PHP, using this class by Miyanokouji, Ultima and friends. It is almost entirely server-side, as opposed to the usual WebUI which is almost entirely client-side. There is basically no use of javascript at all, in order to maximise performance on older systems, obscure systems (WinCE) and mobile browsers.

The multi-user system revolves around labels. An administrator might have the ability to view and edit torrents belonging to all labels, but users can be restricted to particular labels. Because of api restrictions, torrents with no set label are communal until a user takes ownership of them by assigning them to their label.

User permissions are relatively fine-grained; users can be set as guest/view-only and have toggle-able permissions for rearranging torrents, adding torrents, force starting, removing data and so forth. Passwords are stored as salted MD5.

Installation

Downloads are available from http://code.google.com/p/mappy/.

Simply extract the files and configure the settings at the top of index.php.

• 1 month later...

Hello I'm newbie, may I ask to you?

How to using this script, to configure and add user name & password?

I dont understand about:

define('UTUI_SALT', 'my_secret_salt');
define('UTUI_USER', 'ut-webui');
define('UTUI_PASS', 'ut-webui');

Is possible if my torrent server is different location with my web server?

for example:

i'm installing u-torrent on pc with public IP address: 123.089.567

and installing this script on my website (webhosting) with domain "mydomain.com"

should I change the configuration to:

define('UTUI_HOST', '123.089.567');

isn't right?

Thanks for helping...

Hi! Thanks for trying my WebUI.

These are all settings for accessing the uTorrent's own web api;

define('UTUI_HOST', 'localhost');
define('UTUI_PORT', 81);
define('UTUI_USER', 'admin');
define('UTUI_PASS', 'admin');

You can set UTUI_HOST and UTUI_PORT to refer to any computer. Make sure UTUI_PORT is the same WebUI port as configured in uTorrent itself. The username and password are the ones you would ordinarily use to connect to the uTorrent default webui; they are stored in plaintext.

However, to log on to my webui script, passwords are not stored in plaintext, but they are stored as a salted hash; set the user's password to md5( UTUI_SALT . plaintext_password ). For instance, if you have a user "admin", a UTUI_SALT of "my_salt" and you want to be able to log in with a password of "password", you would use the value md5("my_saltpassword") = "a732e241fd92f79a559a8a1d05f20668". You can generate md5 sums with php, many free tools, or online here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Sorry to hear you're having trouble. :(

That error occurs when connection to uTorrent fails (webui_api.php:57).

Please leave token auth enabled in uTorrent, and make sure that you have the utui_ host, port, user and pass correctly set to connect to your uTorrent at the top of index.php.

If that doesn't help, please make sure your PHP installation has curl support enabled (there should be warnings otherwise).

• 1 month later...

I recently tested some uTorrent web interfaces... in QNX Voyager, 6.21 :D

From left to right, here's Ultima's excellent WebUI, version 2011-04-30; his very useful MiniUI, version 2009-11-11; and here's my utui, version r1;

XuYWYs.jpg xh02Hs.jpg DlDt8s.jpg

Well, none of them look perfect... it's to be expected from such an old browser on an obscure operating system. But mine's functional! :)

• 5 months later...

Archived