Disk overloaded 100% and dropped speed

DataEagle

I had the same problem this morning but it happened when I sent some of my downloads to a network share. I think what happened in my case was that downloads were coming faster than they could be sent to the network share so eventually the write cache filled up. I'm really guessing but maybe there is a problem with the handshaking between the cache and the "download engine" causing the everything to "lock up".

I seem to have solved the problem by turning off the write cache but as you can see from the topic I just posted thjs seems to have also turned off the read cache but this is not really a big price to pay to avoid the "lock up" state.

I seem to have solved the problem by turning off the write cache but as you can see from the topic I just posted thjs seems to have also turned off the read cache but this is not really a big price to pay to avoid the "lock up" state.

That's the only thing that worked for me, as well :)

At first, I tried overriding the automatic cache size, but no matter how high I'd set it, the problem would not go away.

The app is having to write to the disk too often. Check your disk cache settings and manually set them to 1500MB. That will solve the issue.

To increase the disc cache, here are some simple procedure:

•Option Menu>Preferences>Advanced>Disk Cache

•In the right pane check the box next to "Overide automatic cache size and specify the size manually.

•By default it is set to 32 MB, increase it to your convenience.

Archived