Utorrent crashes every hour or so

lonewolf77

Hey Guys,

Ever since the latest beta update, Utorrent crashes after about an hour or so. It is due to the exorbitant memory usage it finally gets up to. From the minute it starts, the memory usage starts slowly increasing and around an hour or so it hits more than 1.3gigs or so i think at which point i am unable to access utorrent any longer except to force close it and then reopen it. It is the latest beta update v2.2.1. I have tried going back to 2.2 but for some weird reason the installation program doesnt continue past the toolbar installation queries.... What can i do?

I have tried messing around with the Cache settings, enabling / disabling various settings, none of them seem to fix the issue.

I use avast as my Anti virus but i have had that for years with no issues with utorrent. This problem only came about after the automatic update recently. Cache settings - i have tried unticking everything, ticking everything, setting 128mb as the cache size, disabling or enabling windows caching. Most of the variables in the cache option in utorrent. None of them seemed to have fixed it.

hmm. I fixed it, i managed to get v2.2 reinstalled over the beta. It was strange, the installation program just hung after the toolbar query and i cancelled it but regardless the installation occured in the background. The problem now doesnt seem to exist with the cache / memory leak. So it must have been the latest beta that did it. Should i be reporting this to someone specific?

Also what are the optimum settings to pick for the cache options in utorrent?

Archived