µTorrent Mac 1.5.14 stable

Firon

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is still a problem with RSS feeds that use non-english symbols.

There are some screenshots:

It is impossible to add correct rss feed adress using mac client version 1.5.0 and 1.5.1. There is "Invalid Feed URL" error. URL is correct and tested on Windows version of µTorrent

2011033104015.png

I managed to add this feed using web.utorrent.com ,but there are problems with names.

2011033104045.png

The same feed is added to mac client and it has also wrong settings and no names etc.

2011033103945.png

Please fix it!

Overall, very happy with 1.5.0 but now with 1.5.1... I also have the status indicator light in preferences constantly on red, this was also the case with 1.5.0. As well... uTorrent is clocking my CPU from 40% to 90% downloading from 600 - 900 kbps. Can't wait for the fixes!! Then it'll be the tiny client again.

EDIT: As I recall shortly after installing 1.5.0 I had that issue where a few completed torrents said they weren't done, but a Force Recheck set that straight for all but 2.

EDIT: Now downloading b/w 100 - 300 kbps with cpu usage up to 55%

And another EDIT: So i just restarted my rig, Finder related problem, and when I opened console on restart I found that there were 3 - 6 connections per second being thwarted by stealth mode attempting access to my active port for uTorrent, but I had not yet launched uTorrent... Thought I should throw that up here too.

Sorry but 1.5.1 has the same flaw as the previous version : the torrent files are constantly given a new "latest mod date".

I have 440 files in my torrents folder. A large portion of these torrents is "dead"/uninteresting stuff that I'm trying to seed back to others before I can dump them. My torrents folder looks like a giant sweepstake with 440 balls in it. And the balls keep moving to the foreground before being replaced by others... Tireiring! Can you imagine the mess it makes on my computer screen?

Nausea anyone? :lol:

Sorry I have to go back to a pre-Bingo version of UT...

1.5.1 (beta) behaves as if the used port is closed even though it's not.. the same torrents get significantly less connections than utorrent 1.0.2 (stable), which reports the same port as being open.

1.5.1's also got the same, faulty connection status indicator behavior as reported by cocainus.

"Never noticed before cause I just leave it sorted by name"

I prefer to keep mine sorted by "last modification date" (so I can keep dead torrents at the bottom) and with the last two versions of UT it's become "revolving doors in the Imac" :lol:

Mods please solve this! ;)

Sorry but 1.5.1 has the same flaw as the previous version : the torrent files are constantly given a new "latest mod date".

I have 440 files in my torrents folder. A large portion of these torrents is "dead"/uninteresting stuff that I'm trying to seed back to others before I can dump them. My torrents folder looks like a giant sweepstake with 440 balls in it. And the balls keep moving to the foreground before being replaced by others... Tireiring! Can you imagine the mess it makes on my computer screen?

Nausea anyone? :lol:

Sorry I have to go back to a pre-Bingo version of UT...

We have not attempted to fix this bug. We'll resolve it soon.

I'm experiencing crashes after having utorrent 1.5.1 on all night. Unforunately, since I'm asleep I can't tell what's triggering the crash. However it's been pretty consistant to find utorrent not running when I wake up or come back from work.

Is there any built in logging feature that I can turn on so I can trace what is causing the crash? It's annoying to come back and find my torrents didn't download at all because utorrent crashed.

Also another bug, whenever utorrent crashes and I start it up again, the "only move from the default download directory" option always reverts back to unchecked, even though I rechecked it every time. Could it be the settings aren't persisted until shutdown?

Hope you guys fix it soon, I love utorrent and am looking to ditch transmission and make utorrent my default client as soon as it stabilizes!

Ah, so this is why mds and mdworker run amok whenever I have had 1.5.x open for a little while?

Edit: No, wait. I misread that. But they do, anyway.

I have major speed problems, at least when I'm seeding. You can see my settings below in the screenshots. Don't know if I need to do any changes or open any ports to optimize my speed when seeding? I can tell that I have 100/100 Mbit connection.

If I'm using my PC I get significant better speed when trying to seed. Also know that it doesn't have to do with few leechers, because the things I seed is from RSS and very popular, so I should get alot of downloads.

Bandwidthhttp://www.rsaconsultant.se/temp/bandwidth.png

BitTorrenthttp://www.rsaconsultant.se/temp/bittorrent.png

Networkhttp://www.rsaconsultant.se/temp/network.png

Hi there,

i currently have my OS on an SSD and my Home folder on a normal HDD, everything except my Home folder ist on the SSD.

I set uTorrent to save new jobs in the Downloads folder which is on the HDD, but it keeps saving them in Users/Username/Library/Application Support/uTorrent and only transfering the finished jobs to my Downloads folder.

Now for obvious reasons i want to avoid this because i dont want to overuse my SSD. Is this a known bug or is there a fix/workaround for this?

Thanks

I'm having an irritating problem. If I open a torrent and wait with okaying the Add Torrent dialog, and instead choose to open another torrent, thinking I'll click past both dialogs in a row instead, uTorrent only let me add the last torrent opened and then becomes unusable..

The second dialog never appears, and uTorrent is acting as though the dialog is opened - I can't do anything within it.

I'm having the same problem others described.

The µTorrent preferences window says "no incoming connections" but the µTorrent panel (main window) says there are incoming connections.

Also my average upload speed dropped from 2.7 MB/s to 100 kb/s.

I'll have to downgrade again if I can't fix it soon. :/

__

The speeds might be because I'm from a private tracker... But I don't think so since i've used the 1.1 beta and seen nothing different a long time ago.

Hi there,

i currently have my OS on an SSD and my Home folder on a normal HDD, everything except my Home folder ist on the SSD.

I set uTorrent to save new jobs in the Downloads folder which is on the HDD, but it keeps saving them in Users/Username/Library/Application Support/uTorrent and only transfering the finished jobs to my Downloads folder.

Now for obvious reasons i want to avoid this because i dont want to overuse my SSD. Is this a known bug or is there a fix/workaround for this?

Thanks

I have the exact same issue. I don't want my torrent downloads sucking up all the space on my SSD. It's also a real pain to copy the downloads to the correct location after the download. Theoretically a temporary fix would be to make a symlink in "Users/Username/Library/Application Support/uTorrent" That links to a folder on your larger harddrive.

If you're not a fan of terminal here is a menu plugin that allows to make symlinks right from within the finder.

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/10433/symboliclinker

I have installed the latest 1.5, but am unable to get past the spinning wheel, to set my preferances. I would be most grateful for a step by step tutorial, by someone with a good deal of patience. I have previously used uTorrent with Windows7 with no problems. I have installed & uninstalled several times without luck. I am running x leopard.

verymeri

Hi there,

Thanks

I have the same issue. I have all of my torrents go to a NAS with an Incoming folder and a Complete folder.

EDIT:- Actually this works for me. I had to restart uTorrent to get it to stick.

I have an Apple Ultra-Thin wireless keyboard. What is the exact short-cut to get the advanced options. I'm new to Mac so I really need the shortcut spelled out for me please :)

One thing that is not working correctly is that uTorrent won't quit correctly. It shows the Dock Icon with "quitting" across it and I have to force quit. Then OSX will hang on Log Off or Shutdown.

It did work okay when not using NAS to save files..

Archived