µTorrent Mac 1.5.14 stable

Firon

Same problem here!

Same problem here!

Same here' date=' it's funny, because I mentioned about this to Firon in the '1.5 alpha', and he told me he won't look at my complaint as it wasn't a public release..

I guess it's time to complain now, naah, just kidding! Great work!

Here's my workaround, which I feel is quite good:

- automatically load .torrent files from my Download folder, then delete them.

- don't autostart torrent

- I just go to newly added torrent, choose which files to download + set download location

- start the torrent

Keep up the great work, cheers

Seb[/quote']

Your workaround does not work for me.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same problem here!

Same here' date=' it's funny, because I mentioned about this to Firon in the '1.5 alpha', and he told me he won't look at my complaint as it wasn't a public release..

- I just go to newly added torrent, choose which files to download + set download location

- start the torrent

Seb[/quote']

Which part..?

I of course appreciate the teams excellent work in producting a great free app, but don't you guys do any regression testing? That's a pretty prominent feature to break and then miss!

Same problem here!

Same problem here!

Thanks for the reports. Yep' date=' this is a bug. We'll get fixes out soon.[/quote']

I briefly used 24963 and I encountered one problem :

this version whacked my finished torrents. Some torrents that I have DLed weeks or months ago (and that have been left untouched since then) now display a "last activity today 19:22" when examined with ctrl + I

Strange, strange... and mighty annoying for someone who files his torrents by date of latest modification. Now I got old torrents that are moved to the top of the list :rolleyes:

I'm back to 17726 the best UT version so far for me.

Windaube (Mac OS 10.5.8)

EDIT : gave 24963 another try and the tumbling starts AGAIN. The torrents keep chasing one another at the top of the file. I didn"t know UT had now a function called "randomly move forgotten old torrents to the top of your list" :lol:

Okay let's see what's at the top now : the Doors, QOTSA, NYDolls, Godard's Alphaville, Jerry Lee Lewis, E.Costello... STOP THE ROLLERCOASTER i'm going to puke!

Seriously, I don't wanna sound ungrateful but this sucks!

Tnanks, BN!

It looks like I found another bug. When I right click on a directory in Files tree and select 'Show in Finder' µTorrent selects not the directory, but the first file in it even if the file is within a subdirectory.

I actually like this behavior, because µTorrent does 'Open in Finder' for a directory and I more often need that. But in case the first file is within a subdirectory it is inconvenient.

In addition, were you thinking of making 'Open' file action in addition to just 'Show in Finder'? Windows version allows launching files and in Mac version I first have to open the containing directory and then launch.

- start the torrent

Seb[/quote']

Which part..?

the Add new torrent window is not showing up.

Same problem here!

Same problem here!

Thanks for the reports. Yep' date=' this is a bug. We'll get fixes out soon.[/quote']

Obviously it's hard to tell with the current release, but why is (was) the "Add new torrent" dialog modal? It seems rather archaic.

The connection status indicator isn't working properly - the one on the main window is always green even when the port is not open in the router and the one in the Preferences panel is always red, even when the port is open (confirmed with a web port checker).

I briefly used 24963 and I encountered one problem :

this version whacked my finished torrents. Some torrents that I have DLed weeks or months (and that have been left untouched since then) now display a "last activity today 19:22" when examined with ctrl + I

Strange, strange... and mighty annoying for someone who files his torrents by date of latest modification. Now I got old torrents that are moved to the top of the list :rolleyes:

I am also seeing this issue - finished torrents have their mtimes updated frequently.

I'm hoping that it's just a stupid oversight on my part, but I cannot find the "delete torrent files after opening" option anywhere in 1.5 beta. As trivial as it may be to some people, I'm not one of them.

Is this feature still there? If not, are there plans to implement it in the future?

PS I'm not interested in "move .torrents for finished jobs" option. I want them GONE, like they used to be.

The connection status indicator isn't working properly - the one on the main window is always green even when the port is not open in the router and the one in the Preferences panel is always red, even when the port is open (confirmed with a web port checker).

Full support!

It is not updated tracker - in the column "Update in" writes "updating..." and in the column "Interval" - "3m 0s" and so it is constant.

In version 1.1.0 such wasn't...

На случай неверного перевода -

Не обновляется трекер - в графе "Update in" пишет "updating...", а в графе "Interval" "3m 0s", и так постоянно.

В версии 1.1.0 такого не было...

The connection status indicator isn't working properly - the one on the main window is always green even when the port is not open in the router and the one in the Preferences panel is always red' date=' even when the port is open (confirmed with a web port checker).[/quote']

Full support!

Having the same issue.

Also, I'm having an issue with uTorrent (v1.5.0 beta) spiking up the fan's RPM, see here: http://cl.ly/5FDr.

By any chance.. have you taken off the option which used to let us select the download directory? It used to be there in previous beta.. it suddenly disappeared.. :(

Got the exact same problem, didn't even change my settings when updating. Regardless of what I set in preferences it will auto download to /Downloads/.

I've just upgraded to the 1.5 beta and love all the new(to mac) features. However since the upgrade, when i check the network prefs I get the NO INCOMING CONNECTIONS red light.

I'm not sure if this is just a bug, or if something about the new version changes the way it accesses port. i did the upgrade on one of my 2 computers, the other running 1.0.2 is greenlighted and running fine.

Any help, thoughts are much appreciated.

I just got corrupted file with µTorrent. It showed the file is 100% complete, but in fact the file was corrupted. After some time µTorrent showed 'invalid download state and the file was not found'. I then force-checked it and it appeared that the beginning of the file (up to 70%) was fully complete, and the rest part is only half-complete (mix of complete and incomplete blocks). I downloaded it again and now it shows: Total Size: 4.87 GB (5.94 GB done) which should be logically impossible for a single file torrent.

It might my because of this: when I started this torrent I have less space on my drive than torrent's file size. µTorrent in such a case says nothing, it just allocated file as big as possible and then drops down the speed. When I free enough space µTorrent sees that and allocates the entire file. It might be that was the reason why the first ⅔ of the file were complete and the rest only half-complete while µTorrent said the entire torrent was 100% complete.

"when I started this torrent I have less space on my drive than torrent's file size. µTorrent in such a case says nothing, it just allocated file as big as possible and then drops down the speed"

Talkin about this, I miss the previous versions where UT just cancelled the downloading and showed a red cross. With that you knew you had to free some space on your Mac. Newer versions aren't as clear...

Hey, I have another strange torrent. This time it was 100% complete (green), I restarted µTorrent and now the torrent is 87% complete with status 'Error: Files missing from job. Please rech'. I didn't touched the files. When I open 'Files' tab, there everything looks OK: one 7.3 GB file 100% done, and two 650 MB files are ~10% done with 'skip' priority (I changed it after 10% was complete).

I rechecked the torrent. It updated 'Selected size' from 8.6 (full torrent size) to 7.5 and showed 99% completeness (found one bad block in the complete file, strange!). After µTorrent restart everything looks the same — 99% complete.

New build up! This should fix the add torrent dialog, along with several RSS issues and other bugs.

There is a known issue with RSS: if you add a slow-loading RSS feed, then try to add another one before the first has loaded, the client will crash. This will be fixed in the next release.

I noticed when updating to 1.5.1, sparkle doesn't move 1.5.0 to the trash. Console shows the following error:

Mar 29 23:28:41 uTorrent[8841]: Sparkle error: couldn't move /Applications/uTorrent (24963).app to the trash. This is often a sign of a permissions error.

I did not change the permissions of utorrent.app prior to updating.

Other than that, 1.5.1 is running great. Thanks for fixing the add torrent dialog. :)

Archived