µTorrent Mac 1.5.14 stable

Firon

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to report a bug with the dock icon.

It started since 1.5.8

Example:

1 - start downloading a file.

2 - click on completed on the side bar so that the downloading file won't be showing in the torrents list.

3 - the total speed will be gone from the dock icon.

4 - now click on all & the speed will reappear.

Edit// also the total speed in the status bar has the same problem. I hope you guys can fix it in the next release.

Just found another UI bug which appeared only in this version.

If you scroll up the torrents list too much, a red weird line will appear, it shouldn't be like that.

I also have a feature request, please make it possible "optional" to list torrents icons and text with bigger size like in finder ( view > show view options > icon size "the big one" )

Thanks for the great app.

Just found another UI bug which appeared only in this version.

If you scroll up the torrents list too much, a red weird line will appear, it shouldn't be like that.

I also have a feature request, please make it possible "optional" to list torrents icons and text with bigger size like in finder ( view > show view options > icon size "the big one" )

Thanks for the great app.

Thank you for these two reports! The issues are fixed and will appear in the next beta!

3 Bugs:

First One:

This version useragent appears in bittorrent trackers as: uTorrentMac/15.1.0.B

I guess it should be: uTorrentMac/1.5.10.B

The previous client used to appear correctly.

Second Bug:

I am not sure if this is a bug.

In the client interface, the speed tab shows total speed, not the speed of the selected torrent.

Is that how it should work?

Example:

1 - Put 2 torrents in the client, pause one and keep the other running at any speed.

2 - Select the paused torrent, then open the speed tab.

3 - You will see the speed graph of the working torrent not the paused one.

Third Bug:

Remember the red line I told you about few posts above?

You said you fixed it, but I guess you made a typo while fixing it.

As you know the background is alternated (white & light blue) .. scroll up as much as you can until you see the first blue line.

You will notice that there is some missing blue lines in the scrolled up area.

Other than that it's working good, you are nearly there with another stable release.

Feature Request: I would love to see 2 queue up and down buttons in the toolbar instead of using the context menu.

3 Bugs:

First One:

Second Bug:

In the client interface, the speed tab shows total speed, not the speed of the selected torrent.

Example:

1 - Put 2 torrents in the client, pause one and keep the other running at any speed.

Third Bug:

As you know the background is alternated (white & light blue) .. scroll up as much as you can until you see the first blue line.

Other than that it's working good, you are nearly there with another stable release.

Feature Request: I would love to see 2 queue up and down buttons in the toolbar instead of using the context menu.

The user-agent is (correctly) uTorrentMac/1510B. Your tracker is parsing it incorrectly. :)

3 Bugs:

First One:

Second Bug:

Example:

Third Bug:

Yes, the speed tab is supposed to show total speed. Individual speeds are shown in the General tab and on the torrent list (scroll right if you don't see it).

Sorry to 'side on' with a newbie question... but...

Can I just install this RC version over the top of my existing stable build (1.0.3) and it would work like an upgrade or does it need to be a separate install?

I'm really keen on the new feature to segregate incomplete torrent files from completed ones and not sure how this would work for in-progress torrent downloads. I guess to work the application would have to reprocess all partial download files and rename/generate them as appropriate.

Thanks very much in advance for any responses. Can move question to a new thread if required.

Actually the two different versions won't segregate setting/torrents. From my experience, you won't notice any negative effects from using two versions. In fact, the beta version has extra settings that seem to carry over to the older version even though you can't access those settings in the older one.

Hey, I created an account just for this...

No drag-and-drop?! Please, you have to find a better way to manipulate the queue! I'm using Lion, so the ctrl + (up/down) only sends me into Mission Control or Expose, and there's obviously no buttons for it in the toolbar...

What I'm saying is, going into the menu for every step up or down is a real pain.

It'd be the world if this one thing were at some point fixed.

Some magnet url torrent links open with no files in the list. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the tracker or the torrent file, but it seems to be an issue across multiple trackers for the same files. Downloading the regular .torrent for the same entries works fine. Pirate Bay and Torrent Reactor links both had the same issue - I didn't check others.

Example:

http://torrentz.eu/be1d8b61d0eb5adb6d45178865b4b7308d8d8f43

We've also added some hidden preferences for advanced users' date=' which contain almost all the advanced settings from the Windows client. Press Cmd + Opt + , to access them.

[/quote']

Please note that this keyboard shortcut only works on keyboard layouts where Option + , gives ≤, which excludes a good few.

THIS! I've been trying for ages in every beta to get into this secret hidden preferences everyone is talking about, without understanding how they can do it.. I even tried to find out if a global OS shortcut was overriding torrent's shortcut.. I still can't get into the hidden preferences! (btw, I'm on a Scandinavian QWERTY layout)

(Developers: make the 'Preferences...' menu item change to 'Advanced preferences...' when holding the ALT-button when you have clicked "uTorrent" in menu bar (you can see the 'Quit' menu item changes to 'Quit and close all windows' when doing this).)

Please fix this bug, I want to get into the preferences pane too!

We've also added some hidden preferences for advanced users' date=' which contain almost all the advanced settings from the Windows client. Press Cmd + Opt + , to access them.

[/quote']

Please note that this keyboard shortcut only works on keyboard layouts where Option + , gives ≤, which excludes a good few.

THIS! I've been trying for ages in every beta to get into this secret hidden preferences everyone is talking about, without understanding how they can do it.. I even tried to find out if a global OS shortcut was overriding torrent's shortcut.. No luck! (btw, I'm on a Scandinavian QWERTY layout)

Quick fix: make the 'Preferences...' menu item change to 'Advanced preferences...' when holding the ALT-button when you have clicked "uTorrent" in menu bar (you can see the 'Quit' menu item changes to 'Quit and close all windows' when doing this).

Please fix this bug, I want to get into the preferences pane too!

Hi How do you get into these advanced preferences. I tried on a mac keyboard and see nothing. Obviously doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.

Hi How do you get into these advanced preferences. I tried on a mac keyboard and see nothing. Obviously doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.

I can't either, that's the point.. It's a bug and they need to fix this as I said above..

(I edited my previous my post a bit to make it more clear)

I can't either' date=' that's the point.. It's a bug and they need to fix this as I said above..

(I edited my previous my post a bit to make it more clear)[/quote']

Got in to the advanced menu. :-)

Firstly, thanks for the great release! This is really a major leap forward. :D

I want to point out two small features that i was really looking forward to:

1. Ability to reorder the torrents in the list. Currently the only way to do this is right click and select "Move up/down Queue" which becomes very tedious if the list is long :(

2. This is more of a bug. In case the torrent "Name" column is short, so that the full name of the torrent is not visible, hovering over it does not display the full name in the tooltip that appears. Instead the tooltip only shows the amount of text that was already visible :/

It would be great if these tiny albeit useful features are released in the next minor update. Thanks!

Archived