How to install WebUI

timeimp

For those of you wanting to test out the µTorrent Beta (1.5 build 24963) [Mac OS X], it is a massive leap forward from the team at uTorrent and a very stable build. Some of you may wish to install the WebUI and run into the issue that installing the WebUI will crash uTorrent. The problem is very simple to overcome.

1) Go to this thread http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=58156 and download the latest version of WebUI.

2) Check your Downloads folder (or the location where you saved the file). The file should be named: utorrent-webui.YYYYMMDD.zip

3) Rename the file to webui.zip. Copy this file by selecting it and pressing Command+C. DO NOT UNZIP THE FILE.

4) Open a new Finder window and navigate to your home directory.

5) Open ~/Library/Application Support/uTorrent (~ is your Home Directory)

6) Paste 'webui.zip' (without quotes) into that folder, by pressing Command+V.

7) After this, open uTorrent and click the uTorrent Menu > Preferences > Remote > WebUI and check the box next to "Enable WebUI"

8) Now go to 127.0.0.1:8080/gui/ (if using default settings, otherwise try another port).

- Type in the username and password that you specified in Preferences.

9) The WebUI should now appear in your browser!

I am simply posting this for those who may be having trouble installing the WebUI. If there is a better solution, please feel free to post it below. I am in no way associated with the Dev Team or responsible for damages to your computer.

-timeimp

Is anyone else having trouble with this, i did all the steps but when i go to the site it says

"The µTorrent WebUI does not seem to be installed. Click here to try to install it, or see the guide for more details."

i try to use their link to install but it just hangs and then says it failed. Any Ideas, Thank you in advance for any responses.

@spydamans If you click Install, it may crash uTorrent. The method above is a simple work-around to get the WebUI installed. If you follow the above steps, you should get it to work. If not, check your Mac's logfiles by opening Console (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app) and filtering 'uTorrent'. Post any errors back here.

-timeimp

• 2 months later...

7) After this, open uTorrent and click the uTorrent Menu > Preferences > Remote > WebUI and check the box next to "Enable WebUI"

There is no 'remote' option in the preferences. The icons in the Preferences are labeled "General" "Downloads" "Bandwidth" "BitTorrent" and "Network" and none mention webui.

8) Now go to 127.0.0.1:8080/gui/ (if using default settings, otherwise try another port).

How do you change the port, since 8080 is used by the system for proxy.

webui.zip file I downloaded is in /Users/zeats/Library/Application Support/uTorrent/webui.zip and is 364,986 bytes and its permissions are 644.

Console says "Could not find image named 'SplitViewGrabber' and 'HideStatus' and 'ShowStats.tiff'

Archived