Question about Peers flag 'u' and seeding speed

Mingtian

Hi uTers,

I may have some "seeding problem" recently with the latest 2.2 (build 23703) version. As can be seen from the screensnap below:

uT_03.jpg

it seems to me that there are many peers want me to upload, and have connected with my uT. But all got this 'u' flag. The explaination in uT user manual said flag 'u' means 'the peer wants your client to upload, but your client doesn't want to (interested and choked) '

My question: why my uT client doesn't want to upload to these peers? Could it be solved somehow?

I am using a 100Mb LAN connection. Both download and upload speed could easily reach 10MB/s. Some of my preference settings:

- no Global Upload/Download Rate was limited

- Global maximum number of connections: 1000

- Maximum number of connected peers per torrent: 200

- Number of upload slots per torrent: 50

- Advance- bt.connect_speed: 15

- Advance- bt.transp_disposition: 15

- Advance- net.max_halfopen: 100

I really don't know whether this is the optimal settings for my situation. Normally my upload speed is 1-2MB/s only. Any suggestion?

Why bt.transp_disposition=15? New versions of µT are using the new header, just use it (set to 31).

Hi moogly, thank for the reply :)

µT 2.2 User Manual says when set it to 31 (included value 16) it "tells µTorrent to use the new uTP header. This is an improved communication header, but is not backwards compatible with clients that do not understand it."

So I thought set to 15 would be able to connect with more clients? by the way it dosen't really help the upload speed actually when set it back to 31 as default. I don't think this is the problem. :|

Archived