1.1.5 - awesome!

ColdArmor

@MechR: # sorts them by the priority you give them (using those up/down arrows in the toolbar).

Hmm, still no dice... I tried sorting by #, then highlighted the top entry and pressed Move Down a dozen times, with no effect :(

I had .torrent files on my list before updating to v1.1.5. All I did was click the # column in the top and it sorted all of my .torrent files for me. They all got numbers assigned now. Except for two .torrent files that didn't get assigned numbers 'cause they were seeding. (I.E: If they are seeding, I already downloaded them, so there's no need for a _downloading_ priority for them, now is there? =P)

P.S: When I updated to v1.1.5, all my .torrent files were stopped, same thing goes for when I clicked the # column so they would sort.

-Karasuhebi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had .torrent files on my list before updating to v1.1.5. All I did was click the # column in the top and it sorted all of my .torrent files for me. They all got numbers assigned now. Except for two .torrent files that didn't get assigned numbers 'cause they were seeding. (I.E: If they are seeding, I already downloaded them, so there's no need for a _downloading_ priority for them, now is there? =P)

Yeah, now I get it... finished torrents don't get a number; they're just sorted alphabetically. Seeding torrents get placed above idle finished ones, but they don't have numbers either.

I'm curious... do the numbers actually affect relative download speeds, or do they just exist for rearranging the entries to your liking?

They're for rearranging the queue order in which they will be downloaded. Right clicking and selecting the priority will affect relative bandwidth allocation.

Sorry for asking so many dumb questions, but... what is the queue order? Are simultaneously-downloading torrents treated differently depending on their position in the queue?

Queue order is just the order that they're going to be downloaded in (after one completes). I'm unsure what you mean by the second question, so I won't answer it =P

Hehe, thanks :) What I mean is, in utorrent you're able to have more than one torrent down...load...ing....

*blink*

Come to think of it, I've never tried having more than one torrent downloading at a time :shock: If utorrent is only able to handle one running download at a time, forget my question :oops:

im still baffled as to the way uTorrent sorts files. it keeps moving them when i stop and start them. i would prefer that when you add a file it gets added at the top and thats all. the rest of the torrent positioning left upto the user. im not bothered if i have torrents going downloading,seeding,finished,downloading,finished. ill arrange them myself.

im still baffled as to the way uTorrent sorts files. it keeps moving them when i stop and start them. i would prefer that when you add a file it gets added at the top and thats all. the rest of the torrent positioning left upto the user. im not bothered if i have torrents going downloading,seeding,finished,downloading,finished. ill arrange them myself.

Just sort by the # column and it shouldn't move them.

@zebulon: Well, at the moment, there are something like 243 recognized countries and some unrecognized ones on Wikipedia, which, I'd think, are probably most of the countries in the world (probably missing some).

There's something you don't get: unless you have a domain name with a national extension, you'll always be identified as "american" (.com, .net or .org). The fix was only for 2 swedish ISP's this time, but what if ludde does it for (potentially) all .com / .net / .org domain names in the world? ;)

Archived