Problems installing on Ubuntu 10.10

jansor89

Hi

Im new with linux, but i have used uTorrent a while on windows before. I have set up a new server with Ubuntu 10.10 that i want to have uTorrent on. I downloaded the 3.0 24733 version, and have tried to install it. Im not sure if im doing it the right way or not. I have unpacked the tar.gz file, and ended up with a utorrent-server-v3_0 folder. I have tried to doubleclick on the utserver file, but the only thing that happends is some dat files coming up. The part where im stuck on now is that i runned the command

/usr/local/src/uTorrent/utorrent-server-v3_0$ ./utserver and this is what comes up:

server started - using locale en_US.UTF-8

Using locale en_US.UTF-8

total physical memory -1 max disk cache 33554432

Loaded ipfilter.dat (0 entries)

IPv6 is installed

I have been waiting almost 30 minutes now, and it cant get further. I have tried to open the web interface, but no go there. Any tips?

btw, sorry if the solution is out on the forum yet, but i couldnt find anything.

What did you try when opening the Web UI?

Did you enter localhost:8080/gui into the address bar?

Enter admin for the username and leave PW blank?

I tried to open the web gui with localhost:8080/gui, but i just get up that the page cant be showed. Not asking for username and password. I got the popup box with username/pw earlier, but now i dont get it up anymore. I dont know why.

I deleted all the folders i had made with utorrent, and downloaded it again. Now i just clicked twice on the utserver file, and was able to open the web gui. Thanks:D

One more question though, any plans of having rss feed on the linux version? That was the reason why i wanted to use utorrent over all the other clients on linux.

Archived