utorrent remote wont add torrent

Saga286

I seem to be having a problem trying to add torrents using utorrent remote.

I have my laptop on and utorrent web running and logged in. Everything is connected like it should be. I went to torrent site on my phone and downloaded to the torrent link. When I opened the link on my phone, it automatically opened up utorrent remote and said adding torrent. After that, nothing happens. The torrent never starts to download. I tried copying and pasting the torrent url into utorrent remote and the same thing happens. I did all of this on the computer through utorrent web and the torrent downloaded just fine, but I didnt want to have to go home and start a torrent, I want to do it remotely. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: I forgot to mention I am using this on an HTC Evo, with a WiFi connection.

Hi

I have the exact same problem only difference is I am using a Samsung Galaxy S. I checked and I have the same as below

uTorrent App is version 0.2b26666

uTorrent PC is uTorrent Alpha 3.0 (Build 25043)

I checked the net and saw that there was a later build version uTorrent PC Alpha 3.0 (Build 25127) so I installed it hoping that it would fix the problem but no luck :(

Can anyone out there PLEASE HELP!!!. when I installed Version 3.0 (build 24979) this problem was not there its only after I installed the later build version 25043 and above. This is a very handy app because im always on the road and then when I get free time I check which utorrents I can download so by the time I get home the torrent is finish downloaded.

Hi

I found the solution. This is how you would add a torrent and this is where I went wrong. I would download the torrent to my phone and then click on it and the utorrent remote app on my phone would open and it say that it is adding the torrent but nothing happens. well the solution is not to download the torrent to the phone but rather to copy the URL of the torrent and then paste that URL into utorrent remote. I just tried it a few times now and its working... Enjoy!

Ok, I don't think it was working properly with the previous version because I was copying and pasting the URL into the utorrent app. I have just downloaded the new uTorrent for the PC and now the copying and pasting thing is working just fine. So everything is good now :-)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Whenever I try adding the link to the torrent in the webui, it thinks I'm adding a RSS feed. How do I get it to recognize the link as a torrent, rather than a feed?

Having the same problem on Nexus One android. Pasting the URL always gets added as a RSS feed no matter how I do it. Downloading the file to the phone and clicking on it does nothing except open Utorrent Remote - doesn't add the download as a download or as a RSS feed - it does nothing.

Any solution?

• 2 months later...

The reason why the 'Add Torrent' button doesn't work is because some brain cell void person decided it would be a great idea to use Adobe Flash thus making utorrent remote unusable for 50+ million iOS users and countless millions who refuse to install Flash and millions of others at their workplaces where the system admins don't install flash and block all flash content.

Bravo developers try JavaScript next time!!

@detroitx

Thanks for your kind suggestion. We probably dislike Flash as much as you do. Allow me to explain why it was used:

uTorrent Remote is designed to preserve our users' privacy. When you browse and upload a local torrent file, we capture the torrent file content and encrypt it with a key known only to your web browser and your client at home, so that even we can't know the details of your activity.

Prior to the introduction of the HTML 5 File API, there was no way to use JavaScript to do this. The file is transmitted to the server before there's an opportunity to intercept it and encrypt. The HTML 5 File API is still not broadly supported, but we're already working on an experimental version which will use it if available and degrade to Flash if not.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same issues as listed above except I'm on a Droid Bionic and I never get any kind of message stating that the torrent is being added. I DL the torrent file and then click on it once it is DLed and then it flashes the utorrent remot app on the screen for a second and then goes back to my download screen. I have logged out of utorrent remote and back in on my phone. I know it's connected because I can see all of my current seeding torrent files. I have uninstalled both apps on my PC and my phone too as well as clear the data from the phone too. This app worked perfectly on my Droid 2. I'm running version 0.2r1314835200 of the android app and running uTorrent Alpha 3.1 Build 25671. I would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks,

Drudian

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It's not flash. It's uTorrent Remote encoding bug. It will only open files with latin letter, numbers, and basic symbols, like dot.

File name was with [ ] symbols.

In any way it's still doesn't work as expected - no add torrent window, so can't select files and path to download...

It's not an only problem with codepage. It's impossible to pass remote control sign up with default registration question due to encoding bug in non English locales. It seems does not use unicode but single page latin encoding.

Archived