Start/Stop Seeding by Seeding Peers?

mihawk90

Hey guys and devs :)

I've got some "idea" from some other BT Clients and I'd love to see this feature in µTorrent.

I'm one of those guys that let their client run just to hold torrents active, and therefore it would be nice to be able to set a general (oder per-torrent) limit on how many seeds can be there besides me and start/stop seeding by this limit.

As I said, I want to hold my torrents active, but I don't have that much bandwidth, so I don't want to waste my bandwith on torrents where there is no need to seed if there are (for example) 100 other seeds.

So it would be nice to set a maximum of for example 10 seeds. If there are 10 or more seeds, my client stops seeding, and when there are less, I'll start seeding. I know this works on other clients, so I'd love to see this in µTorrent, too.

Ideally would it be if there were an additional option to only apply this if the Availability is below some value.

If this is already in the Windows version (and therefore considered on the Todo-list), I'm sorry, I'm not using µTorrent on my Windows :)

Thanks for reading, greets

mihawk :)

Archived