utorrent 3.0 alpha remote to work on headless ubuntu server 10.04

burninice21

Hey guys,

I have utorrent 3.0 alpha installed on my webserver and the web gui works fine, I can access it through the internet. I have a headless server so I cannot access the options via GUI to enable remote access to work.

My question is, how do I enable remote access to work (through the web.utorrent.com) via the terminal? What config file do I need to edit? How do I specify my username and password that i've registered through web.utorrent.com? My ultimate goal is to get the remote app on the android to be able to access my server running ubuntu.

Let me know if you need any more info or if my question is not clear

Thanks

https://web.utorrent.com/ doesn't work with uTorrent Linux Server. At least not yet.

It's getting there. I worked with another engineer here to get the server to support remote access. Now, that engineer's automated tests use uTorrent Server with remote access, so he'd tell me if the server stopped supporting remote access. However, he registers his servers by going to the remote database directly and inserting the values he needs; that isn't something regular users can do.

So, the functionality works in the server, and what remains to do is to provide a way that users can register their deployment of uTorrent Server for remote access. Right now, I'm guessing this will be a special command-line option, but we'll see once this work gets started.

Thanks guys,

I have it running in ubuntu server using ./utserver.

It works, but I can't use the remote from my android phone because I can't enable the web remote access and therefore can't insert my login information.

It's NBD; but it'll be great when it does work.

Thanks guys

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived