Differences between command line and other ways to launch utorrent?

brunen9

I have Fedora 14 and latest release of utorrent (3.0 build 25053). I can not understand why the behaviour depends on the way to start.

1) when I start from command line "./utserver" - all is ok and working greatly

2) when I start from script "/home/brunen9/utorrent/utserver", or from dolphin through mouse click - the utserver process has no cpu use and I can not login to webui with my custom password; so I used default "admin" login and saw "The µTorrent WebUI does not seem to be installed. Click here to try to install it, or see the guide for more details."

Please give a hint about it.

I have Fedora 14 and latest release of utorrent (3.0 build 25053). I can not understand why the behaviour depends on the way to start.

1) when I start from command line "./utserver" - all is ok and working greatly

2) when I start from script "/home/brunen9/utorrent/utserver", or from dolphin through mouse click - the utserver process has no cpu use and I can not login to webui with my custom password; so I used default "admin" login and saw "The µTorrent WebUI does not seem to be installed. Click here to try to install it, or see the guide for more details."

Please give a hint about it.

The current directory is pretty important when starting utserver. In your script, do you change working directory to an appropriate location, or do you specify command-line arguments to provide the locations of the configuration file and the settings path? The ut_webui_dir setting in the configuration file can be used to specify the directory where webui.zip lives, if it is not in the current directory. See the documentation provided in the docs directory of the archive for details.

Archived