COOKIE support in RSS-feeds?

jabbors

I believe support for cookies in rss-feeds have not yet been implemented and would make a nice feature in the next build. Please correct me if I'm wrong and point me to directions how to enable such feeds.

I tried inserting the following syntax

http://www.<private-tracker>/rss.php:COOKIE:uid=<user-id>;pass=<passkey>

from the WebUI (svn build r215). The feed was downloaded but I could not download any torrents from that feed.

The feed is working as I use it in the windows client and download torrents on a daily basis from that feed.

I verified that the uTS linux client is not blocked/banned by the tracker and I can also download torrents from the same tracker using a greasemonkey script so there should not be any issues with the tracker.

Honestly, a cookie manager has been on my todo list for WebUI since forever, and that would probably be the best way of fixing this. But... it's probably a relatively involved change that I haven't found the time to actually invest into implementing.

I've given the cookie manager some more thought and I think it will only solve the issue with manually downloading torrents from rss-feeds. Automatic downloading still remains the same and honestly, I believe most users use feeds for automatic downloading.

Thus, the cookie support should be implemented in the core application, not the WebUI.

• 6 months later...

Archived