Drive letter changed-restored-utorrent unable to open torrent files

strangerjack

The new 2TB volume changed the drive letter sequence. Some torrents and data files from the utorrent list were stored on the disk the system moved from one letter to another, and for those entries the message "Cant open torrent file:..." has been generated. In an attempt to remediate the problem, I did several things. Using the Acronis Disk Director, I restored the former drive letter. That fixed the data file paths, but the problem with the location of torrents persisted. I copied the "missing" torrents to the %application dir% and rebooted. Nothing. I tried to reload the torrents in question; they were recognized as already present on the list, but the error messages remained. The "Set download location" command didn't work either (and shouldn't have worked - has nothing to do with the location of torrents). On the way of a tedious workaround I know the internal info (uploaded/ratio/added/completed) is lost. Is there any no-loss fix?

It's been a lengthy post, and I forgot to mention that 1)The torrent storage folder is set and reachable and 2) The "Force re-check" command does not work also. But! To my big surprise I've just discovered that the "Start" command does the job just fine: it initiates the re-check followed by seeding. The need to stop the undesirable threads after the re-check is completed is a minor inconvenience.

Archived