Files missing

nansurabhi

Hi, am new to utorrent and doesnt have much of knowledge in computers. when using xp i was able to download files and use them without any problem but since i updated my system to windows 7 and installed utorrent 2.2.1 i have strange problem. 1) i cannot view my download links when i close and reopen utorrent. if i click the link from download location from any website then i find all the list of files which i was downloading through utorrent. But, again when i close utorrent and open all files disappear. 2) when i right click the link from utorrent download and click open folder containing files, i get view of files which i have downloaded from u torrent. but when i try to open the folder directly i cannot see the files which i have downloaded. strange... and one more thing, when i click on open folders containing files to view files, am able to view them but when i try to copy them to other place, am able to copy but am not able to paste them anywhere. please help me out. what should i do.????

am able to download and upload the files. but am not able view the files and folder directly when i try to open browsing my system. but when i right click on download link in torrent and select open, "open folder containing files" then am able to view the files. am able to play the songs but when i try to browse the folder directly am not able to find the files there.

Do you see the torrent jobs in µT after restarting µT?

Your posts are not very clear.

when i restart i dont see the jobs. let me explain with example.

i have taken a download link from from tollytorrents.com . downloaded movie thru utorrent download and upload went through perfectly. i finished my download. got a balloon at the system with download complete message, i clicked there to check the file in the folder and it was visible. But once when i close the utorrent and check my download folder, i dont find the file which i have downloaded. when i restarted utorrent i could not find the link in utorrent ( i think thats called torrent jobs ). Again i have taken the link from same website tollytorrents.com and tried to open that with utorrents i got a message file already exists do u want to overwrite...... when i press no , again i can c the file and folder everything. As soon as i close it everything disappears.

Did you press F7 to show all the torrents jobs after rebooting µT?

When a torrent job becomes complete, its label changes from "Downloading" to "Completed" in the left pane.

bro once i restart torrent, i cannot find file either in downloading or completed. infact everything is zero. downloading, active , inactive completed.... all are zero and i cannot find the file in the folder where i have downloaded. again when i try and download something thru torrent then i can find all the files...... but as soon as i restart i cannot file either the links in torrent nor the files in the download folder.

Okay, I see. The issue is your client fails to save the torrent history into the file resume.dat (stored in the folder %appdata%\utorrent) so the next time you restart µT, the main window is empty (but the files previously downloaded should be present physically on your HDD computer).

In µT, you can define a download storage folder in Preferences > Directories.

Set an easy folder name to remember (like a folder stored on the desktop), because it's impossible that µT deletes the files when you close it.

In addition, be sure µT is able to read/write the files within the folder %appdata%\utorrent (right click on the folder). If you can't change the permissions, delete it and run µT as admin, it should create a new Appdata folder with admin rights.

Okay, I see. The issue is your client fails to save the torrent history into the file resume.dat (stored in the folder %appdata%\utorrent) so the next time you restart µT, the main window is empty (but the files previously downloaded should be present physically on your HDD computer).

In µT, you can define a download storage folder in Preferences > Directories.

Set an easy folder name to remember (like a folder stored on the desktop), because it's impossible that µT deletes the files when you close it.

In addition, be sure µT is able to read/write the files within the folder %appdata%\utorrent (right click on the folder). If you can't change the permissions, delete it and run µT as admin, it should create a new Appdata folder with admin rights.

Thanks a lot bro, Finally it worked. Had to run with admin rights and it worked. Thanks for your great help

Archived