Torrent re-added showing incomplete parts

testerguy

Hey guys here is my problem:

After I finished downloading a torrent, I left it there so I could seed it a bit. After a few days/weeks I removed it and decided to put it back because I know that this torrent is popular. When I added the torrent back, all the files I had previously downloaded where are shown as incomplete. I tested all these download (they are roms) and they all work normally.

Is it just Utorrent fucking up or are the file really incomplete? they are in the .rar format and there is over 3000 files in the torrent, I only downloaded the one I was interested in and left the others as "don't download". When I re-added the torrent I just clicked "don't download" since I just wanted to seed it.

Thanks guys

I can post screenshot if needed.

That's the normal behavior because you skipped some files and removed the uTorrent partfile too. So after the forced recheck, µT discards the edge pieces overlaying a complete file and a skipped file. So when you start it, it downloads again the edge pieces.

That's the normal behavior because you skipped some files and removed the uTorrent partfile too. So after the forced recheck, µT discards the edge pieces overlaying a complete file and a skipped file. So when you start it, it downloads again the edge pieces.

Alright thank you very much for the info :)

Archived