Transfering files from one computer to another using same utorrent

hypersonic

Yes, I've read the instructions but I'm missing something. I've just bought a new computer so I have moved the files from XP Pro (C:\Documents and Settings\owner\My Documents\7 Cold Reading Books) to Win 7 Pro (E:\utorrent\7 Cold Reading Books). I've tried to import one file from 'E' drive to utorrent 2.2.1 with mixed results. I've compared this file with a new file I downloaded today from a file sharing website. Now, the old file I added to utorrent should be showing 6 seeders instead its showing 1. Whereas the file I downloaded from the file sharing website is showing 36, obviously because it has a connection to this wesite via tracker. But I entered the tracker for the old file and it read in the logger tab that 7 cold read books HTTP invalid URL. How do I correct this ? :o

FYI: Options>Preferences>Directories (all ticked saying 'E:\utorrent' except last one) has this been correctly configured ? All suggestions welcome.

I didn't transfer the utorrent settings across. I started from scratch. I'm now with a new computer (windows 7 Pro) where the new storage drive is called drive E. The folder in drive E is called utorrent. Which is where I've stored a lot of torrents. Some of these files or torrents that I've downloaded before have a torrent prefix while others do not ? Besides, the utorrent program won't let me add them unless I add a '.torrent' prefix to them ? But for now I've only tried to use one download or torrent as a test case ('7 cold read books') which if this problem is fixed can be used to correct 90% of the other torrents stored in drive E. The other 10% I will mention as we go.

There's also the separate issue of properly configuring the tracker info which is what I mentioned in my first message. The log tab at the bottom says that the tracker can't connect or log into the file sharing site that I'm a member of. Even though I've copied the original code into the configuring box which typically appears when one is adding a new torrent to the program (each torrent has its own tracker code - I don't know why). Because the tracker info isn't properly configured then other members of the file sharing site can't leech from me and I can't see how many seeders there are for that torrent and I don't get a ratio contribution becuase that torrent is not seen in the file sharing site, right !

Besides I don't know what you mean when you say re-add the torrents and point them in the right direction. If you include more detail in your description then I will not be offended.

Archived