apps.btapp file in user profile - contains private data?

amber89

What is the apps.btapp file located in Windows "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent" path?

Mine contains some private data relating to a downloaded file. It lists a website associated w/ the file name in several lines of apps.btapp file.

I didn't (knowingly or purposefully) install any apps & wasn't aware any had been installed, if they were.

There are (at least) 3 entries in uTorrent 2.2.1 preferences>advanced that aren't mentioned at all in latest help file for d/l from uTorrent's main site. Is the help file that much out of date? The Help file shows last mod 12/6/2010 - been couple of new prgm releases w/ new features since then. I really dislike Help files being out of date.

3 advanced setting options found (so far) not mentioned in Help file are:

btapps.auto_update_btapps (set = True by default)

btapps.auto_update_btinstalls

btapps.install_unsigned_apps

ISSUE 2: Help file says if Options>Show Apps Pane (F9) is checked:

Apps will display the list of featured apps from the BitTorrent app store. Underneath this item is the list of all apps installed on your client.

There is clearly an app installed - in my "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\apps" folder, but it does NOT show up in the Apps pane of main UI.

Any idea how this app (no clue what it does) got installed w/o my knowledge, and

Why it doesn't show up in Apps pane in prgm UI?

apps.btapp is the app studio.

Again,

1) There clearly (appears to be) an app installed - in "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\apps" folder, but it does NOT show up in the Apps pane of main UI.

I'm assuming it's an app, because it's in the apps folder. If so, why doesn't it show up in Apps pane in prgm UI when the Apps pane is enabled?

2) If it's an app, how'd it get installed w/o my knowledge? (no clue what it is or does - no name, just alpha-numeric string) Something installed by default?

3) Is the help file that much out of date?

Thanks.

Archived