µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

^ I see that the GUI might still need "some" work here... After upgrading from 2.2.1 (On XP' date=' running with uTP only bt.transp_disposition = 26) all data / speeds/graph freezes (not changing) every few minutes. Download is still progressing nicely, tho... :(

Has anyone else noticed that ?

[url']http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3456/39121615.th.png

Yes, this is on the list to fix.

Thanks.

Some non-bugs related functional comments are worth while listening to as well: like the strange while background for the speed-graph (was black) , or orange for the health (instead of multiple colors).

All those things should have been setable by a user-defined colors-pallet.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rafi' date=' because I think that sharing by magnet uri at private torrents does not work.[/quote']

I thought they send the whole .torrent file. If not - they should, at least in your case.

It does in fact send the whole .torrent, but it won't work with DHT disabled (manually or if a private torrent).

edit: I'm wrong. it doesn't send the whole torrent, just the info dict.

Why does utorrent bypass the Recycle bin when deleting torrents and their data?

Why was this changed in 3.0? At least give me a setting.

gui.delete_to_trash should still be enabled. Is it not working? Was the torrent larger than your recycle bin?

osmosis' date=' I completely agree with everything in your post. I also suggested they fix the empty space in the Info tab last year and I have yet to see any response. It's very frustrating to be ignored repeatedly as has happened with many of my posts. I, too, have been with µTorrent for a very long time but seeing where µTorrent is heading recently has me looking for alternatives. Sad really...

Layout in the info tab is changed. Is the Global download rate limiting still giving you problems?

I don't know as I haven't tested this in a while because there was no changelog entry saying it was fixed...but i assume it's still broken. I will let you know the next time I download something.

Also, please allow us to remove the unnecessary green arrow and sidebar when the Category List is closed:

Please let us remove the new category bar!

Original post: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=573904#p573904

...I dug through all the advanced options and could not find a way to get rid of the enormous green down arrow when Category List is closed. PLEASE allow users to remove this as it takes up valuable screen real estate for those of us who don't want to use any of the flashy new features...

Original post: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=586388#p586388

And, please move the Network Status icon to the far right as there is now an empty space where the AV icon used to be. The strange thing is that when I toggle gui.show_av_icon, the Network Status icon moves to the far right where it should be...but when I minimize µTorrent and restore it again, the Network Status icon returns to its incorrect position. Please fix this!

Another thing you guys messed up a few builds ago is that I'm now forced to use "Always show tray icon". I used to have this option turned off so that the tray icon only showed up when I minimized µTorrent (I have Minimize to tray enabled). Now, when I minimize µTorrent with the "Minimize to tray" option enabled, there is no more tray icon unless I also have "Always show tray icon" enabled. Please fix this!

P.S. Please also read and respond to the other suggestions posted by osmosis:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=586388#p586388

P.P.S. I really hope I don't have to repeat myself on any of these problems!

Off Topic:

I can't delete or change my avatar on the forums!

gui.delete_to_trash should still be enabled. Is it not working? Was the torrent larger than your recycle bin?

No, the disk is plenty of free space, and even deleting only the torrent and not the data, nothing goes to the trash, it is removed permanently, this bug was introduced in this RC, in the previous beta it was working ok.

No' date=' the disk is plenty of free space, and even deleting only the torrent and not the data, nothing goes to the trash, it is removed permanently, this bug was introduced in this RC, in the previous beta it was working ok.[/quote']

I'll look into it.

rafi' date=' because I think that sharing by magnet uri at private torrents does not work.[/quote']

I thought they send the whole .torrent file. If not - they should, at least in your case.

It does in fact send the whole .torrent, but it won't work with DHT disabled (manually or if a private torrent).

edit: I'm wrong. it doesn't send the whole torrent, just the info dict.

Why not just DL the .torrent file as a simple torrent job (or better yet - a web seed), w/o using DHT at all? This way it will serve all, private communities included (no need for DHT).

You really have to do something about the damn upload chocker. I am seeding 5 torrents with many peers and it is only uploading from one...

It sounds like you should contact the peers that are on the other torrents, and ask them to download more.

If you do a wireshark capture, we'll be happy to look at it for you.

There's a huge bug with columns, which makes streaming feature unusable. When you enable/disable (may be also reorder) some columns (for me it happens when I disable "#" column, also happened with "Health" column before), buttons in "Playback" column may become invisible/unclickable.

There's a huge bug with columns, which makes streaming feature unusable. When you enable/disable (may be also reorder) some columns (for me it happens when I disable "#" column, also happened with "Health" column before), buttons in "Playback" column may become invisible/unclickable.

This bug is fixed, with changelog: Play / Stream button would disappear

MINOR GUI BUG IN RESOURCE OF DIALOG 21

Please correct the line

CONTROL "", 1037, BUTTON, ... , 152, 48, 107, 10 

this way

CONTROL "", 1037, BUTTON, ... , 152, 47, 126, 8 

Good catch. I changed it to:

CONTROL "", 1037, BUTTON, ... , 152, 47, 107, 8 

I can't sort torrents by downloaded %. In 2.2.1 i can do this, but in 3.0 if i set sort by "Status" column, i see this:

http://i17.fastpic.ru/big/2011/0522/29/8ce9c7374a140e97377bfaee1156c329.png

But i want to see this:

http://i11.fastpic.ru/big/2011/0522/8f/cb720d00648dc2ca39b1ddf32988068f.jpg

Is it possible?

For now, please do the following:

1. Go to Preferences | Advanced, and set gui.combine_listview_status_done = false

2. Right-click the torrent listview header, and select the "Done" column

Then you can sort by completed %

osmosis' date=' I completely agree with everything in your post. I also suggested they fix the empty space in the Info tab last year and I have yet to see any response. It's very frustrating to be ignored repeatedly as has happened with many of my posts. I, too, have been with µTorrent for a very long time but seeing where µTorrent is heading recently has me looking for alternatives. Sad really...

Layout in the info tab is changed. Is the Global download rate limiting still giving you problems?

OK, Global download rate limiting finally works again! My guess is that it was my old settings.dat messing it up. Since I have a new settings.dat now, it's working again.

Please fix the other issues I wrote about: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=587258#p587258

Still when deleting torrents it permantly deletes and does not go to recycle bin no matter what the setting for gui.delete_to_trash.

Still getting "Error: The Data is Invalid" message on skipped file torrents. As I have reported over and over in this thread and in the 2.2.1 release.

RC1 (25309)

not labels and subLabels, but several labels per torrent? not that it won`t do the thing...

"add torrent" dialog window size & position ain`t saving

interface is slower (than in 1.x, 2.x)

"...same peer id..." trash in log - can`t it be hidden?

when relocating files - torrent name is automatically added to path... an option for that? torrent names contain MUCH more info, than a mere folder name - so they ain`t the same... don`t make program to PRETEND to be smart - it should do what it was told to, and nothing else.

I can't sort torrents by downloaded %. In 2.2.1 i can do this' date=' but in 3.0 if i set sort by "Status" column, i see this...Is it possible?[/quote']

For now, please do the following:

1. Go to Preferences | Advanced, and set gui.combine_listview_status_done = false

2. Right-click the torrent listview header, and select the "Done" column

Then you can sort by completed %

souldn`t at lest 1 of these columns loose background colour filling? (%, "done" column preferable - to see them clearly)

or maybe add a forced seeding\downloading icon set? (and "force sstart" button in control bar)

Still getting "Error: The Data is Invalid" message on skipped file torrents. As I have reported over and over in this thread and in the 2.2.1 release.

Thanks for pointing that out, since I'm not sure that I would have realized the pattern. This is a major bug that will have to get fixed. It definitely wasn't in 2.x releases for me though.

can not install the version 3. showed that unable to load, the system can not find the path specified. please advice!!

CL

Please more information.

When did you see error?

What did you do before error, and after error?

What was error message?

Still when deleting torrents it permantly deletes and does not go to recycle bin no matter what the setting for gui.delete_to_trash.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=587276#p587276

Data is Invalid: This has been reported before. Thanks.

Archived