µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance you're going to hire someone with half a clue about designing the look and feel of a UI? The design and colour of this UI is hideous.

If uTorrent 3.0 UI is hideous for you, I expect you throwing up when using Vuze or Bitcomet (which by the way isn't fair at all). Looks a little bloated for a utorrent release, yes, but it's nice and adjustable.

I like the new look of 3.0 and had NO problem realizing that right-clicking in areas will show the options for which columns to view and hide, however I am wondering if it's just me or not in regards to a serious lack of transfer speeds. I had a torrent uploading for at least 15 minutes and it never went over 40 kB/s, but when I went back to 2.2.1 that same file would upload to around 200 kB/s within moments. :/

I'd just like to add that all the settings were the same in 3.0 as they were in 2.2.1. Firewall permissions and exceptions in tact and all that bullszuah. So, please don't try telling me to change settings or anything like that when I already double checked to make sure. I might not be the smartest guy on the planet, but not a complete idiot, either.

this version and 2.2.1 I am getting the following errors.

1) while downloading I get a "File not found error" and had to update tracker manually to resume.

2) when some torrents are finished downloading the .!ut wouldn't go away until i shut down utorrent completly and did a force recheck.

3) cpu spike and program freeze when I delete the torrent and data from within utorrent.

2.2 build 23774 I do not get the first two errors.

I'm rather curious to know why there are streaming options? since when is utorrent a streaming medium? when apps become multi-purpose applications they lose focus and users.

the top area has lost so much information. upload speed, ratio, peers, seeders, etc, is all missing now and re-located under the info tab. this now means that this info can not be checked at a glance, instead the torrent must be highlighted and the info tab clicked for each active torrent, when before you simply had to maximize the app to see the status and relevant information.

drop files to send? is this really needed? was it that hard before to figure out how to make a torrent, add trackers, and then add the torrent? its a 2-3 sentence tutorial at worst.

i really hope that the devs listen to the community and make changes for the better. this seems more like a compile of a personal build with features a few people want. please bring back the old information fields on the top area and consider limiting additions.

i have downgraded back to 2.2.1 and i expect to stay here if 3.0 continues along this path.

i really hope i don't upgrade one day and find a utorrent that streams youtube, connects to facebook, burns dvds, and emulates nintendo roms.

I've registered the forum just to post this message and get some feedback.

I'm using Win7 Ultimate SP1 and have 500+ torrents and whilst 2.21 was working fine with the current 3.0 beta it takes ages to load and when it does load there is no activity whatsoever. And if that wasn't enough, my whole system is much slower now and a huge amount of RAM is now used. Here's the proof 39809792.jpg

Using XP SP3, uTorrent 3.0 beta build 25220.

In 2.2.1, when you clicked the "play video" icon, that torrent was selected (highlighted) and the video started playing. Now, when you click play the torrent is selected and the play button is enabled, but the video doesn't play, you have to hit play again. I don't think this behavior is intended.

I use MPC to play videos and WMP to play music as default in Windows. When "use default player" is enabled in streaming options, uTorrent always opens WMP, not loading any video or audio, even if the file has already finished downloading.

Having selected MPC as the media player in streaming options, it becomes the default player for all media, even fully downloaded media, sending the "file outputted by the local buid-in loopback http server" (as explained in the streaming options, because the help file doesn't have help for streaming)to the player, not the downloaded file directly. This causes that MPC opens all the media and that it takes a long time to load already finished files that should load almost instantly (I guess uTorrent makes a dummy file for streaming).

Also, if you press the streaming button, the torrent status is changed to "forced download". That's ok, the problem (inconvenience) is that whet it finishes downloading, it becomes "forced seed". I think the expected behavior is to become "non-forced seed", because I didn't force it manually.

Even after all this complaining, I like the new version and I will keep using uTorrent. Thanks for the hard work.

wow!

lots of changes!

Q: why all tabs are rearranged?

(it is inconvinient. add info or tutorial, to inform us about changes and new functions, but DON`T EVER change anything in UI without permission! damn! is it so hard to understand?!)

peer dicovery works great! thanks!

CPU load is... well... WT*?! it`s SLOW. it`s NOT downloading and NOT uploading. HDD`s are being torn apart without a reason! (foun a reason - windows` search protocol host is accsessing all files and then system writes somthin` in them...)

it`s taking AGES to start and stop uTorrent now (about 2100 torrents, several HDD, >3TB of data) (it`s shutting down, as i write this... 5 minutes already).

i like new ability to wrap side and bottom panels..

but:

how about: option to hide this "send files"? (found in advanced->gui.show_dropzone)

see % in torrent status, no matter, stopped or seeding or anything.

exact (detailed) info of "torrent added" last active, completed...

settings opened in last active, not in "web ui" tab.

web UI... i know, it`s not your`s trouble... but samsung wave II is unable to connct to neither if them (shitty device, and i`m a fool to buy it), but... may be there`s some kind of trick to make it work?

torrent renaming (inside a list - already was reported here)

is ther a way to adjust a font sizes?

I was wondering why am I the only one that has problems with the slow and cpu intensive start whilst nothing gets up or down. I really can't understand where's the trouble since none of the previous versions have had any of these problems. But hey, I'm pretty sure they'll gona fix it fast :)

LE: Download seems a little bit slow but present though

I'm rather curious to know why there are streaming options? since when is utorrent a streaming medium? when apps become multi-purpose applications they lose focus and users.

the top area has lost so much information. upload speed, ratio, peers, seeders, etc, is all missing now and re-located under the info tab. this now means that this info can not be checked at a glance, instead the torrent must be highlighted and the info tab clicked for each active torrent, when before you simply had to maximize the app to see the status and relevant information.

drop files to send? is this really needed? was it that hard before to figure out how to make a torrent, add trackers, and then add the torrent? its a 2-3 sentence tutorial at worst.

i really hope that the devs listen to the community and make changes for the better. this seems more like a compile of a personal build with features a few people want. please bring back the old information fields on the top area and consider limiting additions.

i have downgraded back to 2.2.1 and i expect to stay here if 3.0 continues along this path.

i really hope i don't upgrade one day and find a utorrent that streams youtube, connects to facebook, burns dvds, and emulates nintendo roms.

The columns are customizable. Right click on the column header.

I d/l the v3.0 beta and my d/l speeds dropped to about 500KB/s. Dropped back to v2.2.1 and they went back to the max of my fibre connection, viz 3.70MB/s.

DrT

Check your firewall. Remove and re-create all the rules for uT if need be.

Archived