µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This release is reporting wrong files as completed, when they weren't even selected for download in the first place. Also, the "Selected" column is displaying wrong sizes:

41cb08135336614.jpg

(click to expand)

None of those files were ever selected to be downloaded.

@notabug,

you do not download files, you download parts of files. If one of those parts happens to include data for 2 different files utorrent will show these parts as downloaded (as they were) - afaik this has always been like this. And since an info is usually smaller than a part, it's always downloaded along even without being selected - which is why it doesn't show up in the explorer. If you Stop the torrent and then select to download the info it will instantly appear (because it already is downloaded and currently "hidden" within the partfile you see in the explorer).

Also:

95.3 + 89.2 = 184.5 - it might just show 187 MB as selected, because the two files you selected happened to be partitioned in a way, that will make you download a few extra parts/chunks (note file order does not necessarily equal the chunk order). Example: Chunk size is 1 MB - You download a torrent with an exactly 1 MB large mp3 and a 10kb large nfo, while you did not select the nfo to be downloaded. In that case the torrent has two chunks/parts. Since the mp3 exactly fits in one chunk, the nfo will not be downloaded. Now if the chunk size was 2MB, the nfo and the mp3 would be part of the same chunk, resulting in both being shown as downloaded.

@notabug,

you do not download files, you download parts of files. If one of those parts happens to include data for 2 different files utorrent will show these parts as downloaded (as they were) - afaik this has always been like this. And since an info is usually smaller than a part, it's always downloaded along even without being selected - which is why it doesn't show up in the explorer. If you Stop the torrent and then select to download the info it will instantly appear (because it already is downloaded and currently "hidden" within the partfile you see in the explorer).

Also:

95.3 + 89.2 = 184.5 - it might just show 187 MB as selected, because the two files you selected happened to be partitioned in a way, that will make you download a few extra parts/chunks (note file order does not necessarily equal the chunk order). Example: Chunk size is 1 MB - You download a torrent with an exactly 1 MB large mp3 and a 10kb large nfo, while you did not select the nfo to be downloaded. In that case the torrent has two chunks/parts. Since the mp3 exactly fits in one chunk, the nfo will not be downloaded. Now if the chunk size was 2MB, the nfo and the mp3 would be part of the same chunk, resulting in both being shown as downloaded.

Hmm, so this could be the reason why a torrent from Fake Tracker 1 is reporting to be 100% and the same torrent released by the same release group (both torrents being 100% exactly the same) is reporting, say, 95% complete while rechecking it on a Fake Tracker 2 torrent... I am trying to outside seed torrents between trackers and that's what's happening to me. I downloaded the files I wanted from FT1 and wanted to seed them on FT2's torrent (can't just add the tracker because I get an error) and FT2's torrent is reporting it as incomplete. How can I do this then? It's supposed to be doable.

Happy to report that sidebar buttons hide nicely :D, and that the Health column bars are now green for me (they remained orange, as with another user, pre-RC4). One thought though: Seeding torrents have empty health bars, but active are green filling in grey bars - shouldn't it be green filling in empty to be consistent?

Ok, errors with 25345

Hitting stream on large (2+gb) torrents within the first few minutes causes the client to lock up. On restart, the data is gone, as is the torrent file

Speed graph is STILL mostly unreadable because of that horrific white background. You've got UI guys, they should know that white backgrounds make for terrible graphs because of the contrast issue.

As i have been using to utorrent 3 i noticed that it needs much more "help" from cpu. When i started downloading big files (~200gb and more) utorrent 3 needed 60% of my cpu, while 2.2.1 needs just ~5% of it.

"Queued Seed" torrents arn't showing in the new "Seeding" torrents slelection. Queued Downloads show in Downloading. So Queued Seeds should be no different.

Also, the Associate with magnet URis and .btsearch files buttons are missing. are the functionality for magnet and .btsearch removed? or are the buttons just gone?

Queued seed issue added here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=588848#p588848

One button now associates all filetypes.

And has anyone ever suggested a random port range for "Randomize port each start" option like BitTornado has?

also gui.transparrent_graph_legend is defaulted to false. but with it this way the legend text is white and the background text is white... setting to true makes it readable.

We won't be considering this feature for 3.0 stable

Color issue added here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=588848#p588848

We will fix the color issues all at once.

Thanks.

As i have been using to utorrent 3 i noticed that it needs much more "help" from cpu. When i started downloading big files (~200gb and more) utorrent 3 needed 60% of my cpu, while 2.2.1 needs just ~5% of it.

We're going to spend some more time in the near future optimizing CPU usage. Unfortunately, it's too late for stable, but you will see it for 3.1. :)

One way to reduce CPU usage in 3.0 is to close the uTorrent window, so it's only running in the system tray.

Hey Everyone,

Some users have been requesting a UT 2.04 skin for UT 3.

If anyone is interested in this project, Firon has put up detailed info on creating skins in UT 3.

Ask me or Firon if you run into any trouble.

Until it gets cleared up, setting net.low_cpu to true is what I have done to make things more managable on my older machine. It reduced µTorrent's CPU usage from 25-30% (sometimes 40-60%) to 8-13%.

Please let us know if you see problems other than these' date=' or have figured out more information about one of the active bugs. (Or if I've missed an issue)[/quote']

From 25327 changelog: "- Fix: µTorrent can hang if checking thousands of torrents"

Not fixed for me in 25327. ...

Partly fixed in RC4 for me - utorrent doesn't hang during startup, it hangs sometime in the next half of an hour. :(

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else so here's another tray icon issue:

"Always show tray icon" with "Start µTorrent on system startup" and "Minimize at system start" are selected, and µTorrent is pinned to Windows 7 taskbar. µTorrent shows up in tray on system start but taskbar icon still shows it as closed until it is clicked or the tray icon is used to bring up the main window.

On a tangent, I just wanted to mention I really wish tooltips for filenames worked in the Name column of the Add New Torrent dialog. Cheers! :)

Archived