µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

Update manually, you just need to replace the old exe by the new one. And be sure your firewall (and PeerBlock included) doesn't block the communicaton between your client and µT servers when you're requesting the update.

m I don't think that it's firewall guilty...Last when i update the prog it was absolutelly new installation. And starts from 2.2.1 it doesn't check update from prigramm. I'm try to do something with options. it's not critical but not right. thx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This POS should not even be in an Alpha stage. It still opens maximized. This is not freaking rocket science. Release 2.2.1 works and opens perfectly. I change NO settings and I have to deal with more garbage. Let me know when you get 4.0 out, I may try 3.0 then!!

I am grateful for the development team that created this software and I always enjoyed the interface of the program untill 3.0 update came along. I tried to stay with 2.2.1 but it always asks me to update even when I uncheck the update box when it starts every time. The interface is all changed around and I just prefferred the old format that's why I switched from Azureus to Utorrent becasue they changed to Vuze which I disliked. I don't like the change in the entire interface even the seed bars are green now, where they use to be blue and it takes me forever to reorganize the toolbars to how they use to be and then the up and down rates don't show.

My largest complaint is that 2.2.1 always asks me if I want to update to 3.0 gives me a check box not to hear that message again and then it shows up every time. Then when I accidentally just press enter when it starts it updates and then I have to find a way to downgrade agaiin.

Thank you for your product but I am sure other users are as frustrated with that as I am though I live with it and always downgrade to 2.2.1 if I accidentally struck the wrong key on startup.

Bump

I am missing these icons entirely in v3.0 build 25422

it's an advanced option. gui.show_status_in_list or something. :P Don't have 3.0 running to check the exact name

Many thanks' date=' Firon!

It is indeed in the advanced options:

gui.show_status_icon_in_dl_list

Thank you for the rApid response![/quote']

Any many more will thank the devs if it will be left as the default :P

... I tried to stay with 2.2.1 but it always asks me to update even when I uncheck the update box when it starts every time. The interface is all changed around and I just prefferred the old format.

Even if you un-check both pref->general->"update to beta versions" and "check for updates automatically" ?

Also , you can use tweak the interface to be very much like the old one ... by just a few settings and my skin bellow ... ;)

96140108.th.png

when i close utorrent it often stays running in taskmanager so if i try to open utorrent later it will say "utorrent is already running and isn't responding" or something along those lines.

That is with 3.0 final not the newer 3.0 build just released, will let you know if the newer build has the same problem.

I'm using Win 7 x64 SP1 Ultimate btw.

-- 2011-06-28: Version 3.0 Stable (build 25422)

- Change: Add a tray notification for utorrent launching a bundle.

How to disable this notification or cannot be disabled?

66611263.png

Thx

same here, bug introduced in version 25422

tray notification is shown even if tray notifications are disabled in µTorrent options...

I think this might be a bug.

In uTorret 2.x versions, when i:

-right clicked a torrent

-select "Remove And"

-"Delete .torrent" or "Delete .torrent + Data"

The .torrent file or downloaded files related to the torrent would be moved to the thrash can. But since uTorrent 3.0, these commands do nothing.

Also, another bug is when i exit the program. After i exit the program and confirm; the program no longer shows on the "Application" tab of the task manager. However, it still residue on the "Processes" tab of the task manager. And i can't reopen uTorrent until i manually terminate the process myself.

The same thing happens to both my laptops.

Both systems contain Windows 7 x64 with 4 GB RAM. Different processors though.

From 25327 changelog: "- Fix: µTorrent can hang if checking thousands of torrents"

Not fixed for me in 25327. ...

Partly fixed in RC4 for me - utorrent doesn't hang during startup' date=' it hangs sometime in the next half of an hour. :([/quote']

RC6: after startup about 10 minutes before it hangs. :(

How many torrents are loaded when this happens?

uTorrent should NOT handle ANY stopped torrent and for ANY reason. So if there are 10K stopped torrents it shouldn't effect performance in any significant way.

I noticed that stopped torrents are being marked red whenever there is an issue wit them (like removing the HD). This sould not happen.

I don't mean to be rude, but it's been 2 pages, and I've received no answer:

From the 3.0 alpha thread:
- Change: leave ETA column blank for torrents with no significant seeding goal

Why the change? I sort by ETA and now my seeding torrents are scattered instead of at the top. I could sort by last active, but I like to have my downloading torrents sorted by ETA so I easily can see which ones will finish soon. I really do not want to manually set seeding goals for all my torrents just so they're at the top.

So is this normal that on 2.2.1 im offered only the 3.0 RC7 version?:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/359/utupdate.jpg

Shouldnt it offer the latest stable version?.From what i see from this thread that should be 3.0 Stable (build 25422)

If this is intentional then i don't get it.Shouldnt the latest stable version be offered when possible?

Why offer an outdated RC is beyond me...

Why offer an outdated RC is beyond me..

It's beyond me as well... But, here is the "logic" that might be (wrongly) used:

1. The "stable" has issues the devs still like to fix. Thus - it is not put on the "stables update server"

2. the implies that the latest stable for auto update is, still, 2.2.1 :(

3. the latest beta is RC7 (not even RC8...) and is for users that enabled the "update betas" option

4. so, the result is - users are being offered an older beta, that has more bugs then this 3.0 stable

IF this latest stable would have been handled as an RC/Beta - this whole mess could have been avoided. I'm sure there is a technical solution, to still offer this stable as 'latest beta'. Firon should probably know how :P

Partly fixed in RC4 for me - utorrent doesn't hang during startup' date=' it hangs sometime in the next half of an hour. :([/quote']

RC6: after startup about 10 minutes before it hangs. :(

Total # of torrents is 11k+.

Active should be 230 downloading (forced), 35 pending download (queued), ~280 seeding/ queued seed, ~500 paused) and the rest is finished (so hopefully doing nothing).

I emailed those #s to Venkat along with the crashdump.

Build 25422 is bugged, unfortunately.

Stops downloading, says Disk Overload 100%, Task manager shows high CPU usage of 50% on a dual core. When I close uTorrent it does not kill the process, when process is killed via Task manager, everything is lost and check needed on torrents being downloaded.

I can reproduce the behaviour.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6439/utorrentk.png

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4998/24017978.png

The final release is freezing whenever I try to recheck a big torrent. Also, if you change priority in some files and close utorrent it won't quit properly and remain on the background, thus having to manually kill it thru process manager (and changes get lost)

anyone?

Archived