µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

If I try to download several torrents at once that all contain a file with the same name that I choose not to download (not even into the same location), uT stops downloading those torrents with an error, once they try to download the pieces containing those files.

Example: TV series episodes, where the torrent creators love to include junk txt's and nfo's with them.

Edit: Went back to 2.2.1 (clean reinstall, except for 'resume.dat') and it does that, as well. I'm confused, haven't ever encountered this error before, and I've been using uT since v1.4. :-\

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, first of all I want to say that overall I am happy with the new utorrent 3.0, and fortunately I don't have any problems mentioned in the forum such as high CPU load, disk cache thingy, crash, upload download speed, etc. I really liked the progress bar combined with the status of the torrent. However, I do have some questions/complaints/suggestions if you don't mind:

[del]1. The status icon that is usually on the side of the torrent name/# is missing. I really liked that feature as it allows me to look at the torrent status at a glance. Can we have it back please, or am I missing something in the preferences?[/del] Edit: Found it in Advanced option.

2. I usually use double click in the Files tab to play unfinished video and check the content. Now i can't do it anymore. Double clicking finished files is OK, but not for the unfinished. Am I missing something? I really want this feature back too please.

3. I really really really really liked the idea of downloading the first part of videos and music for the stream feature! However, I have never streamed successfully using the stream button. I use Media Player Classic as the default player. I can play unfinished video OK directly from the folder using MPC, but if I use the stream button to play, MPC opens but doing nothing. If I close it, it still appears on Task Manager and I have to end process from there. This also happens if I stream/play 100% finished video using the stream button. I always thought that the stream button just open and play the finished/unfinished files, but apparently it's not. It's faster to use double clicking as in point No. 2, but again, I can't in this version.

4. Although minor, I also agree with someone here about utorrent changing the order and content of the info column. I have to rearrange and add column all over again.

5. Also agree with someone here about the ability to rearrange the tab position of the Files, logger, info, peers, etc. Also, a folder tree view in the Files tab would be super too.

6. I always clicked the preferences button thinking it is the old preferences button ("Why doesn't it remember my last view?!?!"). Turns out it is the uTorrent remote button. And I found out the preferences button is moved to the far right side. The uTorrent remote button should be the one at the right (being a newbie there.... hehe) and good ol' preferences stays where it was originally. I think we all are accustomed for that button being where it was. Also, isn't it kinda redundant having two buttons that essentially lead to preferences up there? But I'm also thinking that maybe you guys just want users to know this feature so you put it there..... Just maybe.

Well I think I'm finished here, sorry for the long post and complaints, but I do hope someone read this and could do something..... I really appreciate your work guys! Thank you.

I was browsing through the Advanced section of uTorrent 3.0's options a few minutes ago and came across 2 options that I hadn't noticed before which refer to DNS queries. Both of the IP addresses pre-configured into the client belong to OpenDNS and are:

The problem, and reason for this submission, is that more than likely a person and/or company will NOT be using these addresses for their main DNS queries. I personally use 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2..1 on the router side, and the IP address of my router on the client side. uTorrent can of course be changed to use whichever IP address(es) a person chooses, but it's confusing to try thinking of a reason why these options even exist instead of it just using the DNS settings of the computer the program is running on.

OpenDNS addresses, in my experience, have always had higher than desirable latency and are frequently offline for any number of reasons.

Please change the program to either not have these options or to use the settings of the computer the application is running on by default.

a few days i updated to this beta. for what i've been using it for, it is working good so far

only i can't see on torrent - right click: Labels -> "Remove Label" sign / function, maybe a bug? using default english language. "New Label..." and "Set Primary"-submenu is visible.

forgot to mention: with this beta, when adding torrent it taking more time to show / draw the "add new torrent" window at extended state. also with increased text size to 120 dpi (125% of normal) at 1440x900, the window bottom controlls can't be seen (advanced, ok, cancel) because it goes under the taskbar, or the "add new torrent" window at extended state is too big. requires a little fine tuning

I am currently using 25220. During the download of various torrents, keep getting the "Error: Invalid Data..." error. The torrent stops downloading. I would have to re-start the torrent, it would be re-checked and it would resume downloading again. There are lots of seeds/peers. Is it safe to assume it has something to do with the torrent itself ? Tracker status is "Working", "Downloading" status is green. I have never encountered so many errors in the past.

Hi, my utorrent has been updated from 2.xx to 3.00, and then the function "activate the program window" when it unchecked doesn't work, program window shows on top when I adding torrents

maybe I should reinstall the program, because of utorrent was used in "portable" mode, frome one folder

please help to solve this issue

p.s sorry for my bad english :]

hey all, i have tried installing utorrent 3 before a few versions back and had no success, so i figured i would wait a while and try again. anyway, i have just downloaded it and keep getting the same error as last time.

as soon as i go to install it i get the following error message:

5654089781_3c6559cf43.jpg

I have tried completely removing the previous version 2.2 etc and then reinstalling version 3 from scratch, but i ALWAYS get this same error.

are there any new or added requirements to get version 3 to run? I am using windows XP if that would make any differences.

thanks in advance!

Thank you for the beta of the new version. It looks good. :)

I have encountered problem with torrent ratings:

It seems that when the comment length exceeds certain limit then the text is not shown as a whole but is truncated and at the end Unicode garbage is shown. It looks like the string of the comment is not properly ended and the Unicode garbage is a binary data following the text buffer with the rating comment. The Unicode garbage changes when the rating comment is displayed again - for example after stopping and restarting µTorrent.

Here is one example with uTorrent 3.0 beta build 25220:

dnfvrp.png

If you need the torrent hash or other ID of the torrent please send me a PM.

Edit: I really like the idea of torrent ratings and comments but I also noticed the following shortcomings of the comments:

• Some characters are silently removed from comments - for example "&".
  • Text from comments cannot be copied to the clipboard.
  • Length of comments seems to be severely limited. For example a single magnet URI does not fit to a comment.
  • User cannot delete or edit his own comments and ratings.

Hi

I am downgrading to the previous release. v3.0 is not moving *all* completed torrents. I can't figure out why its not moving some but the majority are stuck in the incoming directory :S I then have to move them. I run uTorrent on a standalone server so its fairly annoying. The finished files are transferred to a network drive.

Heres hoping I can downgrade ..

Ok,

Liked the new version until.. I had to force recheck on a torrent that had hung, this caused utorrent to crash. When I restarted showed Checking frozen at 0% for quite some time then slowly crept up by tenths of a percent, I didn't wait instead rolled back to version 2.2 and my force rechecks were completed quickly. Is anyone else having this problem ?

Keep up the good work.

Whats the point of the "STREAM" feature if you have to wait for it to finish? It doesnt even stream, I mean make it so it streams like a NetFlix movie or something. Why have it if it has no use based on its initial creation.

The Streaming feature is working just fine when i download content. Maybe it's just your crappy ISP.:D:D:D

It's a great feature +1

Hey, I have some issues to let you know about.

First the RSS Feeds will not allow me to add in the Android App. When I click the plus sign ( + ) it adds a new RSS feed instead of adding it to the download queue.

Next in the webui (https://web.uttorent.com) when you click the add torrent file it does not add the torrent at all. As well could it be possible to add Multi Select for that area to add more than 1 .torrent file at a time?

Thanks for all the hard work. I am so pleased with the beta. Keep going all of you!

The problem that SuperEvideo reported (A scrollbar covers the line, if you only mark one. However if you mark more than one, it looks like it should), seem to have appeared in the latest version. It wasn't there in the previous one.

On that note, it is not actually possible to see what you are marking, until you release the button and it becomes marked... very uncommon behavior for an app. Could you add some sort of indicator?

In the Info tab, it says "Completed On: 1970-01-01 02:00:00", as a placeholder until the torrent is actually completed, then it shows the correct information. Could you make it blank instead?

Adding a torrent, while uTorrent is in the "Notification area", makes it pop up in the "Taskbar", even though it shouldn't (compared to v2 behavior)...

When downloading torrents, I am still getting alot of "Error: The Data is Invalid" errors. I have to restart the torrent which means it will do a re-check before resuming downloading. I don't know if this is a problem with the torrent itself (trackers, seeds etc) or utorrent. When I was using 25217, I never encountered such a problem. The problem started happening from 25220 onwards. Thanks.

When downloading torrents, I am still getting alot of "Error: The Data is Invalid" errors. I have to restart the torrent which means it will do a re-check before resuming downloading. I don't know if this is a problem with the torrent itself (trackers, seeds etc) or utorrent. When I was using 25217, I never encountered such a problem. The problem started happening from 25220 onwards. Thanks.

I have also gotten this error along with at least 5 others and with version 2.2.1. Seems that this problem is being ignored. :(

hey all, i have tried installing utorrent 3 before a few versions back and had no success, so i figured i would wait a while and try again. anyway, i have just downloaded it and keep getting the same error as last time.

as soon as i go to install it i get the following error message:

5654089781_3c6559cf43.jpg

I have tried completely removing the previous version 2.2 etc and then reinstalling version 3 from scratch, but i ALWAYS get this same error.

are there any new or added requirements to get version 3 to run? I am using windows XP if that would make any differences.

thanks in advance!

anyone have any idea about this? looks like i am the only one having this problem :(

Archived