µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.21 version has a big problem downloading large files. Every 40G-50G single file I downloaded got stuck at around 80%-90%, saying the file was locked by another process...which I had none.

µT is not faulty. See http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=60615

And post HIjackthis log, but not into the main thread about µT 3.0, use the link I gave.

why don't you just try it out. 2000 minutes is good enough ?

On one tracker I frequent, one generally seeds many small torrents for very long times (months or years).

I bet it is 2^^16 or 2^^32 ... :P

Seems to be 2^16, which is just over 45 days. :(

Well, the box says -1 now; I'll see if it will treat it as infinity or 45 days (most likely the latter).

I even changed the seeding goal settings to match yours.

I've set it too' date=' the result is the same. I even tried to restart uTorrent, in 2.2.1 ETA works without setting minimum seeding time.[/quote']

Finally it works for me after I put the check on Limit the upload rate to ....

so' date=' all your torrents exceeded you seeding goal time...[/quote']

Yes, that's really how it works and if I want to see ETA to my ratio seeding goal not time seeding goal? Minimum seeding time set to 0 should do the trick however it doesn't. It seems for me that as it is now, ETA doesn't consider minimum ratio at all.

set your seeding ratio to 151% or something and I bet you'll get an ETA. It's just at the default settings that we don't show one, since the ETA is meaningless to most users.

I feel out of it, but what is wrong this time? There are torrents with ratio more than minimum seeding goal, there are torrents with ratio less than minimum seeding goal, but ETA shows inf. for all of them.

clipboard04a.th.jpg

I get it, ETA shows up only when you checked "Limit the upload rate to". Can't understand though why developers remade ETA counting system or conditions for it to be seen.

rafi

What are you talking about? On the screenshot above there're 7 (!!) torrents with ratio below 2.0. And I have no upload limit theory btw, so I really don't understand what you are calling BS. I think you consider me being pretty stupid, I realize conditions that should be fulfilled for ETA to be seen, just don't get why they were changed in 3.0.

Sure. Here you go. "Partial info is not helpful. Try to show as a full scree" <- meaning the full screen , including torrent sizes.

I'm not saying you are wrong, just that you are doing something wrong... :) And not giving enough info (like your screen, OS , build # etc) - is wrong too. Enough for me for today ... The troubleshooting section would be more suitable for this . Try 3-5 active torrents... as we all know, a bug is always an option too ... ;)

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/2894/74456112.png

Here you go

you can also prove me being wrong by posting screenshot with seeding torrents showing ETA and unchecked "Limit the upload rate to".

Rafi, in your picture you do not have "Limit the upload rate to" unchecked....at least not the one I think ouid is talking about. I think he means the one where it says "when uttorent reaches seeding goal......."

ouid, it only makes sense that if you have that unchecked then there is no ETA for your seeding torrents because you don't have anything to ETA to. In order for you guys to get it to work how you like you need to check that "when uttorent reaches seeding goal......." thing and type like 3000 (something higher than your actual upload rate so that it actually changes nothing) or something in there and then set the minimum seeding time or minimum seeding % to whatever number you want it to stop showing the ETA.......be that 300% or 30,240 minutes (three weeks). Once it reaches that goal it will stop showing an ETA but should keep uploading at normal speeds untill you stop it.

Just my thoughts

I meant exactly what I wrote. The only point is that showing of ETA works in 2.2.1 WITHOUT checking "Limit the upload rate to". That's only one. Not upload limit theory. No point in changing upload speed when reaching seeding goal. Just useless characteristic that works slightly different in new version.

In order for you guys to get it to work how you like you need to check that "when uttorent reaches seeding goal......." thing and type like 3000 (something higher than your actual upload rate so that it actually changes nothing) or something in there and then set the minimum seeding time or minimum seeding % to whatever number you want it to stop showing the ETA.......be that 300% or 30,240 minutes (three weeks). Once it reaches that goal it will stop showing an ETA but should keep uploading at normal speeds untill you stop it.

Just my thoughts

Your way does the trick, however it's useless if you have individual limits for some torrents because when they reach seeding goal their upload speed limits will be overwritten by the value you set as "Limit the upload rate to".

In the main view it is seen that the program downloaded more than the total size of the torrent. Info at the bottom seems correct. After completion of the torrent it still shows that it downloaded more than the total size. Same problem in 2 more completed torrents. That might be somehow connected to the info about no free space on disk that I discovered. Then I moved all these 3 problematic torrents to another partition by using "Set Download Location...".

utblad.jpg

This might not be new but I thought I'd mention. Using 3.0 build 25440, I notice that cpu usage is pretty high, at least compared to v2.2.1. It hits 25% if I constantly scroll up and down which indicates that the way scrolling is handled is wrong. My CPU is an Intel Q6600 and my OS is Windows 7 SP1 32bit.

This might not be new but I thought I'd mention. Using 3.0 build 25440, I notice that cpu usage is pretty high, at least compared to v2.2.1. It hits 25% if I constantly scroll up and down which indicates that the way scrolling is handled is wrong. My CPU is an Intel Q6600 and my OS is Windows 7 SP1 32bit.

Higher CPU usage with the GUI is a known issue. We'll work on that for 3.1.

@ouid

The more I think about it I can definately see how the old way would be usefull for certain users, and, as you said, there doesn't seem to be any good reason for it to have been changed. I can't think of any way in which the old way would hurt anyone, yet the new way does hurt some users. Maybe they had a good reason that I can't think of, or it was a side effect (bug) of another change. Uttorent still rocks in my book but i'm sorry you have an annoyance like this.

@ouid

The more I think about it I can definately see how the old way would be usefull for certain users, and, as you said, there doesn't seem to be any good reason for it to have been changed. I can't think of any way in which the old way would hurt anyone, yet the new way does hurt some users. Maybe they had a good reason that I can't think of, or it was a side effect (bug) of another change. Uttorent still rocks in my book but i'm sorry you have an annoyance like this.

The change was done because having a seeding ETA with no action made little sense. Furthermore, it was quite confusing to have an ETA on seeding torrents for most users.

The change was done because having a seeding ETA with no action made little sense.

Making sense doesn't matter if it doesn't hurt anyone but is usefull to someone.

Furthermore, it was quite confusing to have an ETA on seeding torrents for most users.

Yeah, I guess I could see that. Though I think that speaks to the fact that most users don't care as much about seeding as him, which is sad. So I guess he will just have to use the little trick I gave him, and be screwed on the ones where he sets a seperate upload limit only to have it overridden by the "reaches seeding goal" action. Thanks for the info anyway Firon.

@ouid

The more I think about it I can definately see how the old way would be usefull for certain users' date=' and, as you said, there doesn't seem to be any good reason for it to have been changed. I can't think of any way in which the old way would hurt anyone, yet the new way does hurt some users. Maybe they had a good reason that I can't think of, or it was a side effect (bug) of another change. Uttorent still rocks in my book but i'm sorry you have an annoyance like this.[/quote']

The change was done because having a seeding ETA with no action made little sense. Furthermore, it was quite confusing to have an ETA on seeding torrents for most users.

1. Having seeding ETA with an action to continue it at a speed limit of X also make no sense.

2. Having seeding ETA when "forced seeding" also makes no sense

And I can probably find many other cases that it "makes no sense"...

As Matt90977 said, I also found it logical to do it as it is now, first, but I tend to agree with what he said above - show the user his ETA even when he did not specify what to do after that. What, it is not a big deal for me ... :)

And changing "Download the latest beta" to "Download the new version" - definitely makes more sense ... ;)

Archived