µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

Well, I am running 3.0 (with 2.21 look & feel...), and can say it is doing fine. I do have my own list of issues in it (some are even posted by AdamK here), but none are that critical at least not to me (XP/SP2... ). Others do use newer environments/Windows. I am still waiting to see one of the 3.x "line" being posted on the auto-update server. This would be the real "field/in-the-wild test". And the link itself in my sig is to 3.0 . 2.2.1 is just a typo ... tho, if it was 2.2.1 I guess no one would be really heart...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am running 3.0 (with 2.21 look & feel...), and can say it is doing fine. I do have my own list of issues in it (some are even posted by AdamK here), but none are that critical at least not to me (XP/SP2... ). Others do use newer environments/Windows. I am still waiting to see one of the 3.x "line" being posted on the auto-update server. This would be the real "field/in-the-wild test". And the link itself in my sig is to 3.0 . 2.2.1 is just a typo ... tho, if it was 2.2.1 I guess no one would be really heart...

Hi, how do you add the look and feel of 2.21 please?

Can anyone please explain why I get getting "Banning Peer - "Same Id as existing peer"

I'm getting it constantly in the log multiple times for each of my torrents! What's the problem please? Have people been notified? Please explain to me, thanks

Don't worry about it. It's just your client preventing itself from connecting to itself.

What's the problem please?

The problem is that you think there's a problem.

If you look at the IP addresses associated with the message, you'll find that they're all of your computer.

So what your saying is that this is not a problem? Is it a new feature? Seems pretty pointless... :P

It just fills the log up with pointless info.

But as long as we know what it is, that's fine

i really don't understand why the developers don't listen to the community here and just fix what they asked them to fix... this way no one will complain and want to rollback to the old version in the first place...

who is complaining... :P let me ask you this: please format your c: drive. will you go ahead and do it right away ? ... ;)

So, what are your 3 top priority issues ?

utorrrent not work my pc.it installed but download any thing,,,but you anyone tell me???:(

If you truely expect someone to give you some help I think that you should at least give a full explanation. You can't expect any help if you just say "Can't download anything"

I know that you say your a very simple man, but saying that your "Simple" does NOT just mean that your uncomplicated, it also has another meaning... ;)

Again can someone please explain to me what the "Rating" section is for please? I'm having trouble finding any reference to it in the forum and just want to know how to use it correctly. Is it to rate the health of the torrent or to rate the content of the torrent? For example would we give it 5 stars for a speedy download or because it's a good film? Cheers :/

i really don't understand why the developers don't listen to the community here and just fix what they asked them to fix... this way no one will complain and want to rollback to the old version in the first place...

who is complaining... :P let me ask you this: please format your c: drive. will you go ahead and do it right away ? ... ;)

So' date=' what are your 3 top priority issues ?[/quote']

well my only issues atm are

1. rating window trun black when scroll it up/down

2.windows size never been saved

3.utorrent 3 stop show info bubbles, i mean , when you put the pointer something like 3-5 sec over a file with long name (that show "..." after it name), it suppose to show you the full name of that file in some white little window (bubble), but utorrent 3 stop doing that and i need to double click my files just to see their full names

4.the progrem take it sweet time and make me wait more then minute until it move the removed files to the trash can :P.

as u can see i can survive with my own issues atm but i notice that alot of other users have more serious problems then me... and these days alot of companys do what they think that right and completely ignore the users , i had bad experince with alot of companys that even takes money for their stuff (for example: Nvidia, EA, Microsoft,Dell.) i don't say that they not listen to the community at all.. but there alot of cases that they still not planning/ bothered to solved till today. i not expect from utorrrent to make their progrem more stable by a mere day however they don't really show us any signs that they got our issues and that they going to fix them.... they could at least calm us by reply to our issues.. yet they rarely reply like most of the other companys... what they expect us to think then?

*also why they bothered to release so fast the beta version? the 3.0 version clearly show signs that it still uncompleted beta version that at least let u download... but have alot of issues on other feathers atm...

on the other hand version 2.2.1 was working just fine.. why to break something that allready work? : o

They do "reply", by releasing fixed/upgrade versions. So go see 3.01 (or 3.1 if you feel lucky...). You will see there devs listing existing issues and todo items. Not here. I guess they could do that more often, tho...

i look at the change log alot he he =)

but i what i meant but "replying" was about replaying to users.

of course they can't afford to reply to anyone with random problem.. but at least to these with the beta problems that they aware about...

Ok I found out on my own that the ratings area is for rating the what you think of the torrent content. I don't know if this is the right area for suggestions but could we have a "Report spam" button on that? I think it's a good idea but it will be terrible with spam all over the shop.

Couple of small things.

When a torrent has finished but nothing has been downloaded the .torrent moves into the specified finished directory, I was thinking it would be more suitable to have it check to see if a file has been downloaded first before shifting the .torrent there.

Also I've noticed that sometimes the torrent details for the selected torrent sometimes shows another torrents details under the currently selected tab. Clicking on the torrent again refreshes the view.

Archived