µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

The new colours/interface are a massive improvement.

The entire interface seems unified. I like it :)

Slow graph response after a torrent finishes seems resolved.

Everything looks good from my reported issues, I can't test the hard drive cache thrashing currently.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this happen again with the 25303 release as well. I did a "Force Re-Check" and it downloaded for several minutes and then gave the "Error: The Data is Invalid" message.

The fix did not in fact make it into the 25303 release. It is in the new 25309 build I just put up though. Could you try it?

The problem is still present...

errornv.png

The "Completed On" is showing incorrect date and time.

Please move "Added On" & "Completed On" rows to under "Pieces" column

Alrighty, so after trying out 3.0 for the first time today I'm a little distraught..

A few items:

1. First and foremost: I dug through all the advanced options and could not find a way to get rid of the enormous green down arrow when Category List is closed. PLEASE allow users to remove this as it takes up valuable screen real estate for those of us who don't want to use any of the flashy new features.

2. Columns got messed up, again? Come on guys... there simply MUST be a way to make columns backwards compatible in the settings file... I'm very tired of redoing my columns back to the way I like them every 6 months or so (for the last 6 years).

3. Back on the topic of screen real estate, Added On/Completed in Info tab should be beside one another, much like Peices is in a separate column, to use the space much more efficiently. I also noticed Completed On shows 12/31/1969 9:00:00 PM until a torrent actually finishes? "N/A" would probably suffice :P

4. If ratings/comments are disabled, the dialog when removing a torrent shouldn't show up full of ratings/comments related stuff. I don't want to hide the dialog completely because I like having the failsafe of it asking me if I'm sure, but it shouldn't be asking me to rate something after I spent the time to go through all the options to disable them.

5. Since you reordered all the tabs, would it not also be fair to give us a way to reorder them ourselves? I preferred them the way they were.

6. I notice the skins app is missing, hopefully this is due to it being updated for 3.0? Will we be getting an updated 2.0.4 skin again this time around? I, for one, and I'm sure many others would appreciate it greatly.

7. Could gui.color_progress_bars please apply to the Info tab and maybe Pieces as well? It doesn't make sense to revert to the basic blue/etc. in one area but not these others.

8. The search engine toolbar icon area still shows when the search engine list is empty (this is a reversion from old behavior), and, as schnurlos mentioned, tooltips for them are missing as well.

9. Sort by IP in Peers by default doesn't make much sense. I'd like to suggest it should be sorted by Downloaded and then secondary sorted by Uploaded so that all the most active peers remain at the top of the list.

10. Lastly, and this is a biggy, I'm seeing CPU usage at around 50-70% on my old box here. It's slow to scroll in the torrent list even. This was never the case with 2.x and hopefully can be resolved..

Anyway, if the CPU thing and the screen real estate issues (big down arrow) aren't to be fixed, I'm not sure what I'm going to do about µTorrent.. I've been a user since discovering it in 2005. Rufus had proven a bit more CPU/Memory intensive (Python! :P) than I liked and µTorrent was the perfect solution: similarly visually designed but with that crazy small footprint from all Ludde's hard work.. I really hope you guys can wrangle this release into shape in keeping with Ludde's vision of small footprint/ultimate customizability for the advanced user, while continuing your own advancements to make BitTorrent more accessible to the masses.

I am a Russian user. Starting with version 25252 hangs when booting :( Last working version 25234. If you have unplugged all the torrents that do not hang up right away' date=' but hangs up when you begin to start to run one at a time.[/quote']

Can you try 25309?

tried 25309, it works fine :)

the labels on the "Tranfer history" graph enable and disable on their own after a few secs without even clicking on them....

was this intentional or is it a bug???

bld is: 25277

os; win 7 32

this bug still exists in the speed graphs of the ut 3.0 RC

I had this happen again with the 25303 release as well. I did a "Force Re-Check" and it downloaded for several minutes and then gave the "Error: The Data is Invalid" message.

The fix did not in fact make it into the 25303 release. It is in the new 25309 build I just put up though. Could you try it?

It still happens. :(

I have a suggestion on the progress bar. There should be at least 4 different colors one for each Downloading, Seeding, Finished, and Error. So at a glance we can easily tell what state they are in especially when the status icons are shut off by default. Then maybe add different shades to Queued items.

Also, what is up with the orange-piss colored health bars? What happened to - green healthy, yellow modarate, red critical color scheme? At least make them black like a cell phone signal bars.

These are the fixes we will do to uTorrent to mitigate this problem:

1. have a fixed read cache line size of, say, 128 kiB, rather than the full piece

2. for fast peers, request entire pieces to improve cache performance for the sending peer

Please do implement the first option. I did some test on my own and I think that 2.2.x was using 128 KB cache lines. It was still reading more than it was uploading, but < 2x, while 3.X is reading at ~100x!

please revert the status colors of torrents that are seeding from the current pale light green to blue...

we could easily distinguish between the torrents that are downloading and seeding...

I have a suggestion on the progress bar. There should be at least 4 different colors one for each Downloading, Seeding, Finished, and Error. So at a glance we can easily tell what state they are in especially when the status icons are shut off by default. Then maybe add different shades to Queued items.

Also, what is up with the orange-piss colored health bars? What happened to - green healthy, yellow modarate, red critical color scheme? At least make them black like a cell phone signal bars.

who is selecting this shitty colors??

some things are not even visible like the pieces in "Files tab"...

please revert back .....

Originally put in 64-bit by mistake:

Build 25309:

Now the stop button is coloured red again! Why? Red = danger, red = delete. Please don't make me hesitate because I see red. Why do you keep changing it back and forth? It's almost as if someone doesn't have a coherent plan and is just playing.

The pause button is not a different colour, so why make the stop button a different colour? It's not necessary and causes momentary confusion by being RED! DANGER!

Also, why is there a little 'grey checker board' on some icons? What does it signify? It just makes the icons look messy and inconsistent.

Bug: there is no tooltip when hovering mouse over 'Search', 'Change display' and 'Options' buttons.

Originally put in 64-bit by mistake:

Build 25309:

Bug: there is no tooltip when hovering mouse over 'Search', 'Change display' and 'Options' buttons.

This bug is fixed, with the following changelog:

Fix: Restore tooltips for buttons in right toolbar

This bug is fixed, with the following changelog:

Fix: Restore tooltips for buttons in right toolbar

That was quick. :)

One more: I have 'When adding torrents... Activate the program window' *unchecked* - but the program window is being launched in the background from the system tray when I add a torrent from Firefox (nightly). This has been happening for many builds now - not sure when it started. Bug or 'feature'?

One more: I have 'When adding torrents... Activate the program window' *unchecked* - but the program window is being launched in the background from the system tray when I add a torrent from Firefox (nightly). This has been happening for many builds now - not sure when it started. Bug or 'feature'?

Hm. This one *might* have to do with a change we made to make sure that some dialogs were not hidden behind the main window. I'll add a note for someone to look into it.

Archived