µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

Select torrent(s) in torrents list, click right mouse button and select Properties menu item. When Properties window is opened, can't see focus of selected torrents. And after closing of properties window, focus to torrents not be returned.

In addition. If "Alternate list background color" enabled in Options, focus on torrents alternates.

1. f2f4e0809c40684b522c54b6f585ca49.png

2. Open Properties

Without "Alternate list background color"

475fa9f16764367f4cf4874b4c979cd8.png

With "Alternate list background color"

b561e9ed56355468d428f0443cdd46c6.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I see that the GUI might still need "some" work here... After upgrading from 2.2.1 (On XP, running with uTP only bt.transp_disposition = 26) all data / speeds/graph freezes (not changing) every few minutes. Download is still progressing nicely, tho... :(

Has anyone else noticed that ?

39121615.th.png

osmosis, I completely agree with everything in your post. I also suggested they fix the empty space in the Info tab last year and I have yet to see any response. It's very frustrating to be ignored repeatedly as has happened with many of my posts. I, too, have been with µTorrent for a very long time but seeing where µTorrent is heading recently has me looking for alternatives. Sad really...

I thought they send the whole .torrent file. If not - they should, at least in your case.

That would be a bad idea. The entire .torrent file would include the user's unique tracker key. And I suspect that isn't emc's primary concern.

emc's probably worried that since DHT is the primary method of transport for metainfo using magnet URIs, it's useless for private torrents (private trackers and DHT don't mix). To a large extent, he would be correct. As I understand it though, metainfo can be sent even without DHT, and trackers can be sent with the magnet URI as well. The problem is that it's useless for trackers that require these unique keys in tracker URLs to identify users, as users can't share private tracker URLs via magnet URI without exposing their key, or without the URI being useless for the receiving party.

I had this happen again with the 25303 release as well. I did a "Force Re-Check" and it downloaded for several minutes and then gave the "Error: The Data is Invalid" message.

The fix did not in fact make it into the 25303 release. It is in the new 25309 build I just put up though. Could you try it?

It still happens. :(

I have a suggestion on the progress bar. There should be at least 4 different colors one for each Downloading' date=' Seeding, Finished, and Error. So at a glance we can easily tell what state they are in especially when the status icons are shut off by default. Then maybe add different shades to Queued items.

Also, what is up with the orange-piss colored health bars? What happened to - green healthy, yellow modarate, red critical color scheme? At least make them black like a cell phone signal bars.[/quote']

I tested this on various torrents and it is indeed on torrents that files have been skipped. I can reproduce the error 100% of the time. It also happens on those torrents when they are complete and seeding.

The remove and -> remove torrent option ignores the gui.delete_to_trash option and the torrents do not go to the trash, they are removed directly.

I dont know what has happened but, removing torrents are not going to the recycle bin and are permanantly deleted as described above.

theres a bug with the install ipv6 button..the button is enabled even if ipv6 is installed.

when clicked it gets disabled but when the preferences dialog is opened again it is still enabled

check screen shot:

ipv6bug.th.png

admins pls respond.somtimes i feel nodbodys listenin

I like how the interface looks more sleek (especially the icons).

The orange heath bar just isn't working for me. Every time I look up at it I think I'm having a firewall issue since typically orange or red = bad and green = good.

Also, I'm not sure if it does this, but perhaps make the health bar change colors depending on how good the health of the torrent is? Maybe perhaps one bar would be red, two bars would be orange, three bars would be yellow, and four bars would be green.

Hey

well, installed, uninstalled. removed settings and re-installed again. still getting the same problem. Completed files are 'supposed' to be moved from the incoming folder on the torrent computer to the network drive (myBook). this works for any torrent that is inside a folder but NOT for individual files. those I have to cut & paste...

please please fix this. I spent all day looking at other torrent programs. and this is the only one that suits. :(

Just wanted to add to my previous ideas (yet to see a response..) that for the Info tab, best for space would be to put Hash on the same line as Created On, leave Comment with its own line, and then Added On and Completed On should share the 5th line. Thanks.

Hey osmosis,

We compressed the info pane data on friday. As you comment was quite long, and it was nearing the weekend, I hadn't had a chance to get to it yet.

^ I see that the GUI might still need "some" work here... After upgrading from 2.2.1 (On XP, running with uTP only bt.transp_disposition = 26) all data / speeds/graph freezes (not changing) every few minutes. Download is still progressing nicely, tho... :(

Has anyone else noticed that ?

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3456/39121615.th.png

Yes, this is on the list to fix.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=579310#p579310

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=583820#p583820

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=584150#p584150

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=584304#p584304

osmosis, I completely agree with everything in your post. I also suggested they fix the empty space in the Info tab last year and I have yet to see any response. It's very frustrating to be ignored repeatedly as has happened with many of my posts. I, too, have been with µTorrent for a very long time but seeing where µTorrent is heading recently has me looking for alternatives. Sad really...

Layout in the info tab is changed. Is the Global download rate limiting still giving you problems?

Archived