µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

got this error "Invalid access to memory" in one of the torrents

Initially i downloaded only a sample and then went to download the full torrent that's when the error started occurring..

it does not correct on a force recheck

see image:invlaidmemerr.th.png

build :25377

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed graphs are STILL incredibly hard to read, because of the light/white background (the white tends to overpower the colours a lot, especially for those who have less than optimal eyesight. I can't make out the 'upload rate with overhead' line, for instance.

The total data transferred counters overflow at 4GB (seem to be 32bit) in the status bar.

For example, after downloading more than 20GB you can see the status bar like this:

D: 2.1 MB/s T: 1.9 GB

D: 2.1 MB/s T: 2.0 GB

D: 2.1 MB/s T: 3.9 GB

D: 2.1 MB/s T: 12 MB #overflow

it happens in downloaded and uploaded data.

Did you restart the client in between?

The total displayed there is the session total, not the lifetime total.

(Use Help | Show Statistics)

It might be useful to discuss which one of these to display.

got this error "Invalid access to memory" in one of the torrents

Initially i downloaded only a sample and then went to download the full torrent that's when the error started occurring..

it does not correct on a force recheck

see image:http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/184/invlaidmemerr.th.png

build :25377

Looks like a problem with the overlapped piece code.

I like the idea of slowing downloads until user has uploaded a significant amount.

BUT there are files with limited demand, and take ages to upload to others after downloading.

I downloaded "Daria" and "Dr Katz" many months ago and only last week decided to finish (ratio 3.00). In the past my ratio has been poor (typical .5-.8) partly because of limited speed, and the need to free up disk space. Keeping Daria and Dr Katz up so long was to redress the imbalance.

Incidentally, I now have faster speed, so the problem is not as acute now.

What can be done (or maybe has already been done) regarding downloaded files where the upload demand is minuscule?

The total data transferred counters overflow at 4GB (seem to be 32bit) in the status bar.

For example' date=' after downloading more than 20GB you can see the status bar like this:

D: 2.1 MB/s T: 1.9 GB

D: 2.1 MB/s T: 2.0 GB

D: 2.1 MB/s T: 3.9 GB

D: 2.1 MB/s T: 12 MB #overflow

it happens in downloaded and uploaded data.[/quote']

Did you restart the client in between?

The total displayed there is the session total, not the lifetime total.

(Use Help | Show Statistics)

It might be useful to discuss which one of these to display.

The client is not restarted, it has been running for days, the session total overflows. I already thought that it was a session counter because it begins at 0 when the client starts.

The Help | Show Statistics dialog shows the correct quantities, in this case 108 GB, no overflow in this dialog.

Gladly, more issues (some very important) seem to have been fixed here, in RC6 (build 25395) ... : :)

- Fixed: Download speed limiter - did not function properly, and was screwing users' Internet 'load balancing' .

- Fixed: Pref.->streaming – """ - quotes - added are round the application names (needed for XP)

- Fixed: handling of shared-piece between two files in a multi-files' torrent. "Stream" control/button was causing uTorrent to hang-up when you had multiple playable files in a torrent, and one piece was shared in-between

- Fixed: white speed-graph background color was killing the users' eyes... now - is a bit grey...

A small problem:

Latest RC (v6), can't access the web.utorrent service from my iphone.

The user and password fields can't be edited.

Thanks and besides this, the new 3.0 looks and feels so damn nice, awesome work !

2.2.1-like colors

Here is a skin file I made, that supposes to give you the 2.2.1 speed-graph colors. Try it out :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ers6w38k1rvrzoz

You just need to drag & drop it into uTorrent 3.0 or double click it.

To get back into the original colors: close uT, and delete the generated current.btskin file, that should be were your settings.dat is (either at your exe location or %appdata%\utorrent)

Or:

Use this file http://www.mediafire.com/?dp3679xb6g75nn9 the same way as you did the first one.

Have fun ;)

65337751.th.png

- Change: configurable maximum read size when seeding [diskio.cahce_stripe]

Thank you very much for this option! I am so happy. Now I can enable read cache and set this parameter to 64 and it works! By the way, you can correct changelog text: it should be "cache_stripe", not "cahce_stripe" (in uT it is correct).

Please let us know if you see problems other than these' date=' or have figured out more information about one of the active bugs. (Or if I've missed an issue)[/quote']

From 25327 changelog: "- Fix: µTorrent can hang if checking thousands of torrents"

Not fixed for me in 25327. ...

Partly fixed in RC4 for me - utorrent doesn't hang during startup, it hangs sometime in the next half of an hour. :(

RC6: after startup about 10 minutes before it hangs. :(

WinXP, SP3; quadcore Phenom, 4GByte RAM.11700+ torrents, 5700+ finished.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=589068#p589068

Running about 6000 *active* torrents (out of 12000 in the list) is completely insane. Even if only 25% are seeding, you will have thousands of connections allocated just for that. I wouldn't spent any time on analyzing it :(

WinXP' date=' SP3; quadcore Phenom, 4GByte RAM.11700+ torrents, 5700+ finished.[/quote']

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=589068#p589068

Running about 6000 *active* torrents (out of 12000 in the list) is completely insane. Even if only 25% are seeding, you will have thousands of connections allocated just for that. I wouldn't spent any time on analyzing it :(

Well, three things on this are kinda bothering me:

- 2.2.1 build 25154 works, sometimes it starts to get slower but I'll just restart it (mostly after a week) :|

- moving finished torrents away with the "change download location" for large amounts is quite a pain which is why I've withheld from stopping torrents and moving those away

- I've seen the according thread here and have posted one idea into the idea bank regarding the movement of torrent files into another directory when the torrent reaches "Finished" state but it seems no one wants to implement it to make sorting finished torrents away easier

I've stopped loads of torrents now and I'm down to a total of around 800 active torrents, of which I paused 500 because there are currently no active seeds. Let's see if this changes anything.

Edit: no change (I didn't look at the time when it hangs but it does). Back to 2.2.1 :rolleyes:

I agree that moving by "change location" is new and might be improved. Remember that in 2.2.1 it was NOT moving anything. Anyways - it should be quick IF it is on the *same* hard driver. If not - it is a COPY, and cannot be fast.

I agree that moving by "change location" is new and might be improved. Remember that in 2.2.1 it was NOT moving anything. Anyways - it should be quick IF it is on the *same* hard driver. If not - it is a COPY, and cannot be fast.

It's not the speed itself. It's the handling. If you select several torrents you still have to do all the clicking for each torrent. Meaning:

- select X torrents

- right-click one of the selected torrents and select "change location"

- now it starts:

- for single-file downloads, go up at least one folder and then open another folder and click OK (at least three clicks); for folders at least two clicks

- repeat X-1 times until you're done :(

Even if you want all torrents to go into the same folder, you have to touch each one. IMHO not very user-friendly.

Archived