µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

EDIT: is NOT FIXED ;p

still removing "torrent and data" don't use trash

only removing same torrent works properly' date=' didn't test only data

[/quote']

I tested it with data and torrent+data and it is fine... Sort your recycle bin by date-deleted... :P

Yep, works fine when I retested this. Before I got some delay or simply file list in recycle bin wasn't updated ;p

EDIT:

you can already take and use my great looking 2.2.1-like 3.0 color's template ... (tip # k) :)

Looks awesome, thank you! :cool:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WinXP' date=' SP3; quadcore Phenom, 4GByte RAM.11700+ torrents, 5700+ finished.[/quote']

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=589068#p589068

Running about 6000 *active* torrents (out of 12000 in the list) is completely insane. Even if only 25% are seeding, you will have thousands of connections allocated just for that. I wouldn't spent any time on analyzing it :(

Well, three things on this are kinda bothering me:

- 2.2.1 build 25154 works, sometimes it starts to get slower but I'll just restart it (mostly after a week) :|

- moving finished torrents away with the "change download location" for large amounts is quite a pain which is why I've withheld from stopping torrents and moving those away

- I've seen the according thread here and have posted one idea into the idea bank regarding the movement of torrent files into another directory when the torrent reaches "Finished" state but it seems no one wants to implement it to make sorting finished torrents away easier

I've stopped loads of torrents now and I'm down to a total of around 800 active torrents, of which I paused 500 because there are currently no active seeds. Let's see if this changes anything.

Edit: no change (I didn't look at the time when it hangs but it does). Back to 2.2.1 :rolleyes:

Problem exists still in build 25406. If anyone is interested, tell me where I should drop the dump I created with ntsd.exe -p [PID] -e [PID] -c ".dump c:\whatever.dmp;q" (37kB). Meanwhile I'm back to 2.2.1 :(

The UI opens fully and does not close to the tray unless you manually close it. Version 2.2.1 does not have this flaw.

It appears to work fine. In your "Preferences->UI Settings" make sure you are setting "Minimize to tray" and "Close to tray" to meet your requirements. The "X" button at the top right of the ut window performs "Close" and the button one over' date=' on its left, which looks like a simple bar performs the 'minimize' operation.[/quote']

No it does not work fine. It should open with the UI closed and minminizedc to the tray. This has been an issue with this release since it came out. I filed a bug report on it but it seems no one reads them. If you look at the image below you can see that the settings are correct.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/TK-1913/ut.png

I guess it will take a video. You call this stable? I call it garbage.

th_Ut3.jpg

I'm sorry but at least the last issue I describe (#6) should not be postponed! v3.0 is actually unusable since I cannot run it for a second time and I end up with the setup dialog which does nothing. Follow the steps I describe and you should reproduce the issue. If not let me know what else you need.

Oh and btw' date=' #4 and $5 should be easy to fix so why postpone them? At least the help file.[/quote']

#6 from my previous post is still there and it makes utorrent 3.0 unusable. If I delete settings.dat it works, but I need my old settings and stats (especially the stats). So, please, fix this issue.

I'm sorry but at least the last issue I describe (#6) should not be postponed! v3.0 is actually unusable since I cannot run it for a second time and I end up with the setup dialog which does nothing. Follow the steps I describe and you should reproduce the issue. If not let me know what else you need.

Oh and btw' date=' #4 and $5 should be easy to fix so why postpone them? At least the help file.[/quote']

#6 from my previous post is still there and it makes utorrent 3.0 unusable. If I delete settings.dat it works, but I need my old settings and stats (especially the stats). So, please, fix this issue.

Hi Chem456 can you email me your settings.dat file or a crashdump if possible?

The setting in 'Preferences->General->Mimimize on system start' refers to starting ut minimized when windows starts, not when the user opens ut by clicking.

To manually start minimized, you can try opening from command line with the /MINIMIZED option

The setting in 'Preferences->General->Mimimize on system start' refers to starting ut minimized when windows starts, not when the user opens ut by clicking.

To manually start minimized, you can try opening from command line with the /MINIMIZED option

Very strange logic. Release 2.2 1 works well for me. I do not want uT to start with windows 2.2.1 does not. When I open 2.2.1 it opens to the tray MINIMIZED as it is suppose to. I do not use any command line option to force it to open to the tray only. It just amuses me how you can put out a flawed product and then blame the user. It appears I will be using 2.2 1 for a long time as it does work as programed.

To repeat for the slow devs here. When I click on the Icon to start 2.2 1, utorrent does indeed start in the tray, the UI is NOT opened. If you like I can send you another video??/

I have the following problems with the tray icon [25406]:

====

I have

close to tray - on

single click on tray... - on

always activate when clicked - off

====

When I first start uT, it always show the program window, regardless of how it was when I closed it last time. Then if I close the window (and send it to the tray), clicking on the tray icon doesn't work. The windows doesn't show. I have to use right click > hide/show uT. After I do this once, the tray icon starts working normally. This behaviour has been there for sometime now.

Another problem is that sometimes the program window pops up in restored state instead of maximized (I always keep it maximized). It's slightly bigger than maximized when this happens. this has been going on for a few days, but it looks random, so I'm not sure how to reproduce it or even if it happens with the latest build.

Here another user is reporting the same problem:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=592204#p592204

Windows 7 x64, SP1

====

I have

close to tray - on

====

When I first start uT, it always show the program window, regardless of how it was when I closed it last time. Then if I close the window (and send it to the tray), clicking on the tray icon doesn't work. The windows doesn't show. I have to use right click > hide/show uT. After I do this once, the tray icon starts working normally. This behaviour has been there for sometime now.

Another problem is that sometimes the program window pops up in restored state instead of maximized (I always keep it maximized). It's slightly bigger than maximized when this happens. this has been going on for a few days, but it looks random, so I'm not sure how to reproduce it or even if it happens with the latest build.

Windows 7 x64, SP1

Same problem I have using Windows 7 x64

Re: 3.0 I see Win2k is not longer supported. Thank you for at least putting that warning in the front of the latest release. The toolbar hadn't been displaying for me for a while on Win2k, but I see why now. I guess I'll stick with 2.2 forever :)

====

I have

close to tray - on

====

Windows 7 x64, SP1

I have this with every program that is supposed to go into the tray with Windows 7 x64, SP1. Seems to be a windows problem. PS: Double-Clicking works to open them.

====

I have

close to tray - on

====

Windows 7 x64, SP1

I'm the one who was reporting the similar problem, but as I mentioned on my previous post, after installing the latest version the problem is gone [for me at least]. I did nothing to the settings before and after updating. Maybe try fresh install? [backup all your settings first of course].

I had uTorrent 2.2 with about 170 torrents in queue. Then I upgraded it to 3.0 (25406)

and added another torrent to the beggining of list. When I scrolled the list to the beginning with mouse wheel, the first line displayed incorrectly - it was just partly visible:

Bug.png

When I clicked it or presse UP button, the line became fully visible, but if I scroll again with mouse whell, it again become partly visible.

I'm the one who was reporting the similar problem, but as I mentioned on my previous post, after installing the latest version the problem is gone [for me at least]. I did nothing to the settings before and after updating. Maybe try fresh install? [backup all your settings first of course].

The "not exactly maximized" problem is likely fixed. Since it was random, I wasn't sure if it's gone or just luck. It hasn't happened since, so I'll assume it's fixed.

The problem with the tray icon is still here though... happens only with uT's icon and only appeared recently. I have "minimize at system start", but the window still shows and the tray icon doesn't work properly.

Archived