µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already try 3.0 final release.

Everything seem fine, skin and I like progress bar in soft color.

Question.

It's bug or intend when I downloading, In 2.2 it's will show peer list on Detailed Info if I selected and will not show peer list when not select or click on empty space on top but in 3.0 when I click on empty space, peer list still on "Detailed Info" which this is not on 2.2.

It appears to work fine. In your "Preferences->UI Settings" make sure you are setting "Minimize to tray" and "Close to tray" to meet your requirements. The "X" button at the top right of the ut window performs "Close" and the button one over' date=' on its left, which looks like a simple bar performs the 'minimize' operation.[/quote']

No it does not work fine. It should open with the UI closed and minminizedc to the tray. This has been an issue with this release since it came out. I filed a bug report on it but it seems no one reads them. If you look at the image below you can see that the settings are correct.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/TK-1913/ut.png

I guess it will take a video. You call this stable? I call it garbage.

Sorry, we didn't explain this change well. I'll try to explain here and we'll make a word change for this setting as well. Under Preferences/General there's a box called Minimize at system start that we will now call Minimize at Windows start. The change in wording reflects the respective change in function.

I think there are one big regression with new versions of µTorrent. I currently still using 2.0.4, because 3.0 uses 50-60 MB RAM and more. While 2.0.4 - 30-40 MB in my case (604 torrents, 2-3 torrents - active).

Can be that fixing in upcoming new versions or/and adding to to-do list of the future plans?

Hi there,

What you are seeing is likely due to a new feature, apps, that allow us (and users) to extend the client.

Here's what to do:

• Click away to the Torrent view.

• Restart the client

You'll see that your memory usage goes back to normal, and will stay that way until you load an app.

What is this in the log?
[2011-06-25 13:15:46]  -------------- Let the install BEGIN! -------------

[2011-06-25 13:15:46] V8 bundle: Failed to get bundle offset

tnx

That log message means that utorrent thought it was supposed to un-bundle something (a promotional torrent, for example), but failed to do so.

No it does not work fine. It should open with the UI closed and minminizedc to the tray. This has been an issue with this release since it came out. I filed a bug report on it but it seems no one reads them. If you look at the image below you can see that the settings are correct.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/TK-1913/ut.png

I guess it will take a video. You call this stable? I call it garbage.

Sorry' date=' we didn't explain this change well. I'll try to explain here and we'll make a word change for this setting as well. Under Preferences/General there's a box called Minimize at system start that we will now call Minimize at Windows start. The change in wording reflects the respective change in function.[/quote']

Any what would you call it on Linux/Wine and Mac ? ... :P

Sorry, we didn't explain this change well. I'll try to explain here and we'll make a word change for this setting as well. Under Preferences/General there's a box called Minimize at system start that we will now call Minimize at Windows start. The change in wording reflects the respective change in function.

You can call it whatever you want, but it just doesn't work. Every time I turn on computer it opens maximized (well not maximized but a little bigger, upper edge is slightly out of monitor), and it annoys me a lot.

Please fix it as fast as you can. Version 2.x works well.

I'm the one who was reporting the similar problem' date=' but as I mentioned on my previous post, after installing the latest version the problem is gone [for me at least']. I did nothing to the settings before and after updating. Maybe try fresh install? [backup all your settings first of course].

The "not exactly maximized" problem is likely fixed. Since it was random, I wasn't sure if it's gone or just luck. It hasn't happened since, so I'll assume it's fixed.

The problem with the tray icon is still here though... happens only with uT's icon and only appeared recently. I have "minimize at system start", but the window still shows and the tray icon doesn't work properly.

Looking into this and GTK66 problem, look for a fix in a few weeks :D

I managed to reproduce the "not exactly maximized" problem reliably. It will happen if I kill uT's process or if I shut down windows while uT is running (I guess windows doesn't wait for uT and kills it).

ivan23092

Please, speak your native language. Someone will do translate for you.

Можешь по-русски написать, в чем у тебя проблема с 3.0?

не устанавлевается utorrent 3,он скачевается но неустанавлевается,по прежнему показывает 2.2.1

the tray icon disappears even on the stable version...happens randomly sometimes on system reboots

heres a screenshot ::

taskbariconprob.th.png

EDIT:: I did not mess wth the tray icon settings in torrent

I think this is Windows problem. I sometimes got this problem too, but not only with uTorrent, but some of my tray icon. The actual program starts, but not showing in tray icon. Sometimes uTorrent's tray icon shows, but not for some other programs. That's why I think this is Windows problem, not uTorrent [but maybe Devs can look into that too since I'm not 100% sure]. I usually fix this by logging off and then logging on again.

the tray icon disappears even on the stable version...happens randomly sometimes on system reboots
I think this is Windows problem. I sometimes got this problem too' date=' but not only with uTorrent, but some of my tray icon. [/quote']The same to me. Sometimes uT or ProcessExplorer icon doesn't appear (or both).

Win Vista32 sp2

The final release is freezing whenever I try to recheck a big torrent. Also, if you change priority in some files and close utorrent it won't quit properly and remain on the background, thus having to manually kill it thru process manager (and changes get lost)

You can call it whatever you want, but it just doesn't work. Every time I turn on computer it opens maximized (well not maximized but a little bigger, upper edge is slightly out of monitor), and it annoys me a lot.

Hi BojanKing, what you are saying is correct, minimize on system start is working, so that you are certainly not maximized when you start windows, as you mentioned ("upper edge is slightly out of monitor"). The only thing left to do is to check the box that says "minimize to system tray". Its 2 settings to get this done correctly. We are currently working out the semantics for these kinds and related operations.

Sorry' date=' we didn't explain this change well. I'll try to explain here and we'll make a word change for this setting as well. Under Preferences/General there's a box called Minimize at system start that we will now call Minimize at Windows start. The change in wording reflects the respective change in function.[/quote']

Hi BojanKing, what you are saying is correct, minimize on system start is working, so that you are certainly not maximized when you start windows, as you mentioned ("upper edge is slightly out of monitor"). The only thing left to do is to check the box that says "minimize to system tray". Its 2 settings to get this done correctly. We are currently working out the semantics for these kinds and related operations.

But that is not what I want to do. If I check minimize to tray, it will go to tray when I click minimize button (I have close to tray button, so it goes to tray when I click X button). But what I want is to start in tray when I turn on my computer, so I won't be annoyed. That's what this option "Minimize at system start" is meant for. With version 2.x, and the same options checked it do what I WANT it to do and what it SHOULD do. Regards

P.S. maybe I didn't explained properly because English is not my first language.

EDIT: Why would anyone ever want to start uTorrent in restored state when Windows start? Much more useful option would be "Open in tray when Windows start", and that's what minimize at sys tray did in previous version.

Usually I'm not concerned much with GUI. But here are my 2 cents for this one.

As was mentioned - what does "minimize to tray" has to do with it? Isn't it intended to control the behavior of the upper-right "minimize" Window's control? To tell uT to send to tray instead of do minimize ?

You mixing up functionalities is just confusing people, no matter what you'll call it ;P especially when you spread the controls over two tabs.

The old behavior was simply better - just restore uT to it's previous state (no matter if it is on system startup or just manually starting uT ).

Regardless, if you insist of having another control for when Windows is starting uT (from where exactly? startup menu-group ? registry ? ) here is my suggestion/logic:

1. Leave the 2+1 UI settings independent, and ALWAYS return uT to it's previous state as before . Even on system startup (except for 2a below).

2. Plus on system startup -

a. if the 3rd new control "minimize to tray at system startup" is enabled - minimize uT to the tray (and call this button "minimize to tray on system startup") REGARDLESS of the other settings

b. if not - restore uT to it's previous state (like in 1) as I noted in 1

Note: 2a will also be the behavior of /minimize control

Simple... And do the proper check-boxes re-location (not skewed as it is now) please: put the "start uT on startup" + "minimize on startup" one below the other in that order .

Have GUI fun ...

PS:

Unless you want thousands of posts here on 3.0 auto-update make sure that the GUI.show_status_icon_in_dl_list = true is default... :P

You can call it whatever you want' date=' but it just doesn't work. Every time I turn on computer it opens maximized (well not maximized but a little bigger, upper edge is slightly out of monitor), and it annoys me a lot.

Please fix it as fast as you can. Version 2.x works well.[/quote']

But that is not what I want to do. If I check minimize to tray, it will go to tray when I click minimize button (I have close to tray button, so it goes to tray when I click X button). But what I want is to start in tray when I turn on my computer, so I won't be annoyed. That's what this option "Minimize at system start" is meant for. With version 2.x, and the same options checked it do what I WANT it to do and what it SHOULD do. Regards

P.S. maybe I didn't explained properly because English is not my first language.

EDIT: Why would anyone ever want to start uTorrent in restored state when Windows start? Much more useful option would be "Open in tray when Windows start", and that's what minimize at sys tray did in previous version.

Yes i too am facing this issue..the utorrent window remains maximised when the system starts..

ps:facing this issue after updating to the latest stable version

Archived