µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

- Change: Add a tray notification for utorrent launching a bundle

Can we disable this notification ? Is really annoying when you open a torrent file directly from the web browser to show this "Accepted Launch" notification.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we disable this notification ? Is really annoying when you open a torrent file directly from the web browser to show this "Accepted Launch" notification.

I could have sworn I read up the thread that gui.show_welcome_node was supposed to do it, but it doesn't work for me.

I started using 3.0 at the RC stage, but only saw this happening at the end, possibly with the first final build, and through the subsequent final builds: after actively using it for torrenting (not just running it and closing it), the utorrent.exe process sticks in memory indefinitely after closing the app.

I'm still sifting through the overwhelming number of responses to this, but for now I'm going to use bt.graceful_shutdown -- assuming it works, of course.

Why doesn't 2.2.1 auto update to 3.0 stable? I was under the impression that I'm using the latest and greatest uTorrent, but then I thought.. hmm, uTorrent hasn't been updated for quite a while. Help > Check for Updates... "There is no new version available at this time."

Visit the uTorrent website, and I find "DOWNLOAD NOW! uTorrent 3.0 for Windows" :o:mad:

Oh, I sincerely apologize for it. If 2.2.1 will auto-update to 3.0 soon, there's no problem then. I just noticed a lot of users being stuck at 2.2.1 even though 3.0 is already released, so I thought a manual update was necessary. I also realized after reading your reply that 3.0 stable was released just 2 days ago. Thank you for correcting me.

PS: I LOVE the "Play" button. But I wish it to be active for all torrents (not just for the selected torrent) in the Details view. And it could be expanded to "View", "Run" and "Open" (opens the folder). [Hmm I should really be posting this in the Feature Requests.]

Oh, yea the latest build is 2 days ago. Sorry again :P

Btw, is there any way to have absolute date/time (instead of the relative an hour ago, 10 months ago etc) displayed for the Added and Completed On columns? Or at least have absolute shown for older than 24 hours.

EDIT: Oops, found it! gui.use_fuzzy_dates in Settings > Advanced :)

Have noticed increasing of CPU usage compared to 2.2.1. When there is only uloading (~ 200 kB/s) utorrent is using 7-15 % of CPU, and when there is also downloading (~ 1 MB/s) CPU usage could reach 50%. I don't think this is how it should be.

Have noticed increasing of CPU usage compared to 2.2.1. When there is only uloading (~ 200 kB/s) utorrent is using 7-15 % of CPU, and when there is also downloading (~ 1 MB/s) CPU usage could reach 50%. I don't think this is how it should be.

Topped 3% on my computer. Most of the time 0% or 1%, sometimes 2%, rarely 3%. I have 162 torrents with 15 seeding, none downloading. Are you using latest build 25440? (Help > About uTorrent)

Known issue (under "WILL attempt"). For now, set net.low_cpu = true.

Anyone else have problems with µTorrent 3.0 b25440 starting minimized? I have the option checked, but each time I start Windows the µTorrent windows is fully opened. I can still click the maximize button though, so µTorrent becomes even more (like 1 pixel) maximized. This happens on a fresh Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1 install.

I could have sworn I read up the thread that gui.show_welcome_node was supposed to do it' date=' but it doesn't work for me.[/quote']

I have it on "false" and doesn't work.

I could have sworn I read up the thread that gui.show_welcome_node was supposed to do it' date=' but it doesn't work for me.[/quote']

I have it on "false" and doesn't work.

Try Preferences > UI Settings > System Tray > Show balloon notifications in tray (but I think this will disable all balloon notifications). I can't find anything that will specifically disable the "Accepted launch" balloon notification.

I agree that this notification is quite annoying, especially when you're already getting an Add Torrent dialog box. uTorrent should only be popping it up if I set it to add all torrents automatically without user intervention (such as the Add dialog).

Archived