µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uTP limits (on) are producing slow and unstable downloads in recent (25440 and prev. one) versions, sometimes (and I mean often, 3-5 times a day) the cable modem drops the connections too and it slows the connections system wide. Turned it off for now.

Another bug in 3.0: when you are renaming a torrent and it changes position in the torrent list' date=' uT renames the wrong torrent.[/quote']

Nobody else have this problem?

I had this a couple of times. And someone already reported this bug here.

Anyone else have problems with µTorrent 3.0 b25440 starting minimized? I have the option checked, but each time I start Windows the µTorrent windows is fully opened. I can still click the maximize button though, so µTorrent becomes even more (like 1 pixel) maximized. This happens on a fresh Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1 install.

I'm seeing the same problem, and yes—start minimized is checked.

Some issues in utorrent 3.0 build 25440

Win XP SP3

- exit utorrent from tray icon does not end the utorrent process, the tray icon disappears but the process not, also when you shut down the system you get "end now" pop-up to end the utorrent process

- when you add a new torrent, the windows that appear to select where you want to save the download does not save the size that you set for it, also does not save the length that you set of the file name and size. (worked fine in utorrent 2.2.1)

I messed up and down loaded the last uTorrent 3.0. I didn't expect all the changes that were to be made.

Then tried to 'Roll Back' to 7.2.2. Could the Build (?) number be included in the .exe name so one could find the last one that works.

Q&A Does not work for me. I do not know how to ask the questions. If I could do that, I would probably already know the answer.

Kind of new issue: I've tried to uncheck Apply rate limit to uTP connections in "Global rate limit options" section and individual limits for each torrent failed to operate. Is it how this option supposed to work? Afair in 2.2.1 it worked in a different way.

Could be a duplicate error report, because I did not checked.

After right click and delete torrent & data, then exit uTorrent before the process fnish removing the file and the torrent from AppData.

Deletion never ends, but restarting the UI is not possible because there is a running utorrent.exe process left.

UT de-selects files (in files tab?) http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php … 62#p587862 Selections unselected in files tab

Oh, yes... This bug is very annoying... I guess it was there since first 3.0 alpha, and it is still there... However it happens only with some torrents, not all... It happens almost all the time with big torrents which contain long list of files (e.g. All seasons of some TV series in one torrent)...

Any chance of getting the old ETA sort behavior back? Please? I really do not want to switch to another client because of something like this.

I'm only reposting this because I still have not been answered.

From the 3.0 alpha thread:
- Change: leave ETA column blank for torrents with no significant seeding goal

Why the change? I sort by ETA and now my seeding torrents are scattered instead of at the top. I could sort by last active, but I like to have my downloading torrents sorted by ETA so I easily can see which ones will finish soon. I really do not want to manually set seeding goals for all my torrents just so they're at the top.

IAmTheClaw

It seems for me that you can sort your downloading torrents by ETA as before.

The issue is about seeding torrents: for all of them without significant seeding goal ETA column shows infinity sign. And even when "Override default settings" is checked in Properties of certain torrent, ETA still shows infinity sign.

Right. My actively downloading torrents are where exactly where I want them and in exactly the order I want them, but my actively seeding torrents are no longer sorted (whereas in 2.2.1, they would be at the top, showing not only which torrents are active, but the order in which each torrent would reach the seeding goal). It's insane to expect one to manually set a seeding goal for each new torrent (and the previous ones, of which I have several hundred).

2.21 version has a big problem downloading large files. Every 40G-50G single file I downloaded got stuck at around 80%-90%, saying the file was locked by another process...which I had none.

Disabled all indexing, uninstalled any software that might have indexing,checked hard drives OK...still the same problem.

Another annoying thing is 2.21 frequently turns red on files it's been seeding, and said it cannot find the file. Manually hit GO and it reverts back to normal...then it drops again, Go again, so on and so forth.

The 2.21 is the most problematic UT I've ever experienced. Major revamp is needed. I am hesitant to upgrade to UT 3.0 unless I know the major problems are fixed. If not, I will have to turn to other download tools.

Thank you.

so, all your torrents exceeded you seeding goal time...

Yes, that's really how it works and if I want to see ETA to my ratio seeding goal not time seeding goal? Minimum seeding time set to 0 should do the trick however it doesn't. It seems for me that as it is now, ETA doesn't consider minimum ratio at all.

I bet it is because...you set your seeding goal wrong (I cannot see your ratio column..so I have to bet...) . It is saying "Minimum ratio (%)" right ? So to get a 3 ratio you need to put it 300% , and it should be OVER you current ratios to show ETAs.

73830069.th.png

Archived