µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just notice which IP is blocked and allow it. It will work then with PB running.

There's so many results in PeerBlock when uTorrent is running' date=' even with no torrents active/paused/stopped, that it's difficult to determine which one to allow.[/quote']

[offtopic]

Then make it easier by choosing not to show allowed connections and don't do any torrenting the time you enable remote. It's not that hard... Also this is irrelevant to PeerBlock or PeerGardian or any other program that does this job. It's the lists that include the IPs and not the program's themselves.[/offtopic]

I got a bug too: sometimes the speedlimit for the individual torrent doesn't work (but sometimes it does). I can't really reproduce the error though. All that I saw is that it occured when a torrent had a big download speed, it ignored the upload speedlimit set in the properties of that torrent. It does follow the overal speedlimits though.

Running built 25460 32-bit on Windows 7 Pro OEM (64 bit edition).

The Files tab, arrrgh! Why you had to put it in the beginning? It would be so much better if we could rearrange it by ourselves, you know. Leave the decision to us, so we could move the tabs, like in firefox. Just a suggestion.

5. Since you reordered all the tabs' date=' would it not also be fair to give us a way to reorder them ourselves? I preferred them the way they were.[/quote']

5. We are definitely going to do something about the tabs. Expect it. Don't expect it in 3.0

The Files tab, arrrgh! Why you had to put it in the beginning? It would be so much better if we could rearrange it by ourselves, you know. Leave the decision to us, so we could move the tabs, like in firefox. Just a suggestion.

I very much like this.Most useful tab.But yes.Moving these ourselves would be the best option.

Until that is implemented, it would be best to just order them like they were before the change. I haven't seen a single user say they like the new order, while there are many complaints against it. Wouldn't it just be easier to change it back to the way it was? I don't understand the developers' pointless changes sometimes.

Until that is implemented, it would be best to just order them like they were before the change. I haven't seen a single user say they like the new order, while there are many complaints against it. Wouldn't it just be easier to change it back to the way it was? I don't understand the developers' pointless changes sometimes.

Those that support it problably will not come here saying that they're happy with this change.Generally only those speak out who do not like it.

I suspect they looked at tab usage stats and saw that the Files tab was the most used.Hence the move to 1st.And why not.Multifile torrent are more and more common.I always watch this tab when adding a new torrent to unselect useless files i do not want to download.

Until that is implemented' date=' it would be best to just order them like they were before the change. I haven't seen a single user say they like the new order, while there are many complaints against it. Wouldn't it just be easier to change it back to the way it was? I don't understand the developers' pointless changes sometimes.[/quote']

Those that support it problably will not come here saying that they're happy with this change.Generally only those speak out who do not like it.

I suspect they looked at tab usage stats and saw that the Files tab was the most used.Hence the move to 1st.And why not.Multifile torrent are more and more common.I always watch this tab when adding a new torrent to unselect useless files i do not want to download.

You're right, most of the time they don't. That said, I have seen people saying they like certain changes. Sure, it might not be as common as the complaints, but still.

Also, I don't believe there's such a thing as "tab usage stats". Where would they get these stats from? It's not like µTorrent spies on you and reports which tabs you use most often (or does it? ;)) Personally, I select and unselect files most often in the "Add New Torrent" dialog and not in the "Files" tab.

µTorrent is the only bittorrent client I know of that has the "Files" tab first. It makes a whole lot more sense to have the "Info" tab first. That is the tab I always leave it in and I suspect most people do the same. I really miss the old layout that had this order:

Info (General), Trackers, Peers, Pieces, Files, Speed, Logger

It was a lot more logical and followed a more thought-out pattern. It just made a lot more sense. Now they changed it, which let's face it was completely unnecessary and liked by nobody, and they're saying "wait for an update so you can change it back yourself". It's like they give us something, then take it away, then make us wait to get it back. No smart software company does this sort of thing. It's just completely wrong and backwards.

I can't help but think that the developers make certain changes just for the sake of change...take the icons and colors for example...the old ones were fine and there was nothing wrong with them so why change them...especially changing them for the worse and not for the better? And why would you remove the status icons from the torrent list by default...like I said, change for the sake of change. It's like they're trying to say "we've perfected the client in every other possible way performance-wise, so there's nothing left to do but tweak the GUI"...which we all know is not true as there are still many bugs to be worked on and much work to be done when it comes to performance...or even fixing things that used to work (better) in previous versions.

And all of this messing around does nothing but annoy people, and create new bugs and break things that used to work just fine. Believe me, I love updates to any piece of software and am totally a future-thinking kind of person, but if your updates are gonna break or worsen existing functionality, then sometimes it's better to follow the mentality of "if it's not broken, don't fix it".

Also, I don't believe there's such a thing as "tab usage stats". Where would they get these stats from? It's not like µTorrent spies on you and reports which tabs you use most often (or does it? ;))

Preferences - General - Send detailed info when checking for updates (always anonymous)

Do you know for a fact that this option sends that kind of information (tab usage)?

BTW, I've always kept this option disabled.

Send detailed info when checking for updates - allows BitTorrent to send a randomly generated ID and the BitTorrent version and build numbers to the update server during update checks in order to count the number of people there are using BitTorrent. Whether or not this option is enabled, all communication with the BitTorrent servers are always anonymous.

A more detailed analysis about what's being sent: http://www.the-interweb.com/serendipity/index.php?/archives/129-Data-sent-home-by-torrent.html

I am not understanding how primary labels work. Is there a place I can read more about them?

I think the primary labels have a unique difference:

they are used when you have put the check on "Move completed downloads to:" and "Append the torrent's label:"

I don't like multiple labels personally, and have no use for them.

I thought so, but I changed my mind and now I like it.

I am not understanding how primary labels work. Is there a place I can read more about them?

I don't like multiple labels personally' date=' and have no use for them.[/quote']

Nobody?

The primary label is effectively the old label. The other labels are just tags (they do nothing but act as a tag).

I don't like multiple labels personally' date=' and have no use for them.[/quote']

Nobody?

The primary label is effectively the old label. The other labels are just tags (they do nothing but act as a tag).

That doesn't make any sense at all. It behaves the exact same way for me.

Label a torrent as: Music.

Have some other torrents in a label called: Delete

Now, right click on the one torrent with the label: Music, then choose Set Primary: Delete

It still has the label: Music attached to it, which means it acts the same way as setting a label the regular way.

So, now I always have to check a label, and then uncheck the old one. Sucks so much. I think I will go back to 2.2, since that is the last version to work properly for me. 2.2.1 was awful as well. Sending and downloading when there are not even any active torrents is ridiculous, and making my bandwidth sky rocket. Plus making my internet so much slower, and not connecting to websites. Maybe your next version will work properly, but I am not crossing my fingers.

I got a bug too: sometimes the speedlimit for the individual torrent doesn't work (but sometimes it does). I can't really reproduce the error though. All that I saw is that it occured when a torrent had a big download speed, it ignored the upload speedlimit set in the properties of that torrent. It does follow the overal speedlimits though.

Running built 25460 32-bit on Windows 7 Pro OEM (64 bit edition).

I would like to confirm the bug! A particular download in the list is not obeying its upload limit! Can't find a consistent way to reproduce it though!

Running uTorrent 3.0 built 25460 32-bit on Windows 7 Ultimate x86!

Archived