µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

Are you serious? Still no changelog? There is almost a new build every few days... Very unprofessional and not listening to the numerous users who have also said they would like a changelog with each new release/build. Is it so hard to let us know what's changed from each release?? God, this is unbelievable.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is that admins not turning on the auto-update for the specific version means that the auto-update not reporting that version is intended and not broken.

We've been over this before.

maybe you're not understanding the problem then, in other words: will v3.0 build 25505 check for newer versions or do we have to do it manually ?

and what is that about anyway?

b 25454, 25460, 25505 has crashed on WinXp SP3.

If comments were disabled the option gui.enable_comments=false, and if after that turn on the tab "Ratings" - µT has crashed. Find bug was only on XP. Dump has been sent for Firon

We are aware of this bug already. :) Thanks though.

Are you serious? Still no changelog? There is almost a new build every few days... Very unprofessional and not listening to the numerous users who have also said they would like a changelog with each new release/build. Is it so hard to let us know what's changed from each release?? God, this is unbelievable.

We generally don't post changelogs for short-lived builds or installer-only builds. Proper releases get changelogs at the same time they're posted though.

maybe you're not understanding the problem then, in other words: will v3.0 build 25505 check for newer versions or do we have to do it manually ?

and what is that about anyway?

We are not updating 2.2.1 or older to 3.0 as of this moment. But if you're on a particular 3.0 build and we push a new one, you would get updated to the newer 3.0 build. However, 25460 is the latest permanent release. The newer builds have all been pulled.

Are you serious? Still no changelog? There is almost a new build every few days... Very unprofessional and not listening to the numerous users who have also said they would like a changelog with each new release/build. Is it so hard to let us know what's changed from each release?? God' date=' this is unbelievable.[/quote']

We generally don't post changelogs for short-lived builds or installer-only builds. Proper releases get changelogs at the same time they're posted though.

Your pure logic eludes me... ;) How should a user know the 'life-span' of a new release ?

- He sees a new build #

- He thinks, hey, they've fixed something let's see what and take it.

- He goes to see the log

- He sees nada

- He thinks - hey, they probably introduced a new hidden spyware/toolbar (or - very unprofessional of them...) Better keep away

- He goes to download Vuze instead... :P

Does that make it any clearer for you now ? Be serious... ;)

What happened to the changes that made the promo not affect the build number? I remember those from way back in the 3.0 alphas:

-- 2011-02-23: Version 3.0 (build 24823)

- Feature: make the content offer in the installer dynamic (no more re-builds for updating content offer)

Are you serious? Still no changelog? There is almost a new build every few days... Very unprofessional and not listening to the numerous users who have also said they would like a changelog with each new release/build. Is it so hard to let us know what's changed from each release?? God' date=' this is unbelievable.[/quote']

Your pure logic eludes me... ;) How should a user know the 'life-span' of a new release ?

- He sees a new build #

- He thinks, hey, they've fixed something let's see what and take it.

- He goes to see the log

- He sees nada

- He thinks - hey, they probably introduced a new hidden spyware/toolbar (or - very unprofessional of them...) Better keep away

- He goes to download Vuze instead... :P

Does that makes it clearer for you now ? Be serious... ;)

My point exactly, even if it is a "minor" update to the installer.. please list them as most users who actively use your product would like to be informed of all the changes being made to the software. And rafi is correct, when most users see a changed build number, they automatically wonder what is new with it... I mean, it shouldn't be hard to post the changes, even if they are minor.

Sending and downloading when there are not even any active torrents is ridiculous, and making my bandwidth sky rocket. Plus making my internet so much slower, and not connecting to websites. Maybe your next version will work properly, but I am not crossing my fingers.

Anyone else having this happen or is it just me? I have tried so many things to fix it, but nothing seems to work. This behaviour started with 2.2.1 for me, and still happens in 3.0.

maybe you're not understanding the problem then' date=' in other words: will v3.0 build 25505 check for newer versions or do we have to do it manually ?

and what is that about anyway?[/quote']

We are not updating 2.2.1 or older to 3.0 as of this moment. But if you're on a particular 3.0 build and we push a new one, you would get updated to the newer 3.0 build. However, 25460 is the latest permanent release. The newer builds have all been pulled.

thanks for telling us, i noticed some bug in the renaming and selecting lines in 25505. probly heard them already.

one question: the speedtest on pingtest.net change something on your harddisk or is it "just" a test?

Cause i tried everyhting to receive a could upload but the people couldnt download since 3.0 from me. i just tried the pingtest suddenly the upload rate is around the wanted 50 kb...

(and thx for your support general!!)

If there is NO active torrent job in your list PLUS you disable DHT - all should see 0 data flow in or out. There would still be incoming connections that you cannot control (turn the logger on for incoming). Only Firewalling them can help you avoid that.

but I am not crossing my fingers.

Until you do that ' date=' you are on your own... ;) (you can peek at my tips, tho...)[/quote']

I have followed your tips before, and they did nothing to help the problem. I can not be the only one experiencing this issue!

How much kb/s are we talking here?

under 1kb dl/ul per second could be just the DHT protocol.

Archived