µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this problem is present from utorrent 3.0 onwards..(2.2 used to do this)

If utorrent is already installed and then i try to update it manually through a setup file (have to do this because utorrent does not always notify that there is a new update) ,the setup runs and nothing happens..

I have to manually exit utorrent and then rerun the setup..

I think the correct behavior should be :

it should detect if utorrent is already installed or running

if it is running and it is a older version,the it should kill the current process and then installed the new version.

pls let me know if its "me" specific problem ...

Here is one more possible bug with changing location of downloaded files.

Example:

I'm downloading directory aaa with two files: file1 and file2.

If I choose target dir C:\download then it will be C:\download\aaa\

I'm changing it to C:\download (so I want to get C:\download\file1 and C:\download\file2).

Start download, it is finished. Everything is OK on this stage.

Then stop, physically move file1 and file2 into C:\download\old\, LMB->Advanced->Set Download Location... and choosing dir C:\download\old\, start.

Voila, it can not find files on HDD. I think that it still looks into C:\download\ instead of C:\download\old\.

Workaround: open Files tab, LMB on file1 -> the last item in menu (should be something like "change location" or "re-locate"), explicitly choose C:\download\old\ directory.

Repeat the same for file2.

Hope this was clear enough. If no - let me know.

I'm using utorrent Version 3.0 Stable (build 25583)......and when I go to help-check for updates-- it's says :

,,unable to contact update server utorrent"........ I have contact some friends and the same problem.....the problem occurs today 03.09.2011......I'm the only man with this problem?????? if not please fix

thank you for your time

The new version still sucks. When are you going to get your act together and fix all the bugs. Disk overloads, program wont shut down completely when closed and the overall look is horrible. I have had to go back and use the 2.2 version several times because there are too many issues and bugs are not getting worked out. It is getting very old.

I'm using utorrent Version 3.0 Stable (build 25583)......and when I go to help-check for updates-- it's says :

,,unable to contact update server utorrent"........ I have contact some friends and the same problem.....the problem occurs today 03.09.2011......I'm the only man with this problem?????? if not please fix

thank you for your time

You are not the only one with this issue and many other issues.

I wonder why it is that it takes several orders of magnitude more cpu to deal with public tracker torrents (many trackers, dht, pex, local peer discovery) vs private tracker(single tracker, no dht) torrents. I had a large number of torrents seeding (not actively, only <5 at a time active) and I removed a majority of the public tracker based torrent files (Which again, weren't even active), and the cpu usage went from ~30% down to ~5%. This is a difference of ~60 torrents out of 1.5k total. Would it be possible for there to be optimization done in this area? I feel like a majority of utorrent's userbase probably uses public tracker torrents and would benefit from optimization in this area.

Archived