µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

New build up.

SuperEvideo' date=' try running a force re-check on your torrents.[/quote']

I have tried various senarios :

SENARIO 1 : Start torrent, let it download a short while till it 99.5% completed, before allowing the problem to appear, I shut down utorrent. Forcing utorrent to save the file to the harddisk. Then re-start utorrent to resume downloading from 99.5%.

SENARIO 2 : Start torrent, let it download till it is 99.7% completed .Clicked on the 'STOP' button to stop the download. Hopefully that makes it save the torrent to the harddisks. Re-start again. So far so good

SENARIO 3: Start the torrent, let it download. Leave it to download and allow the error to occur. Do a force-recheck, then start the torrent again. It resumes instead of at 99.7%, it jumps back to 98.7% and resumes downloading from that point instead of 99.7%.

This keeps happening and the download never completes. Upgraded to 25233. Problem is still there.

incomplete pieces are thrown away on restart of the client and on re-check. This isn't a bug.

I will wait for your next update to see if the problem persists and let you know. So far I am a fan and knowing this is a beta, there are bound to be issues. :):)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting major issues with this v3.0 beta. I download all my torrents to a NAS drive (always have) and I've never had any issues. Got really good speeds (2MB, etc.) for my location.

But suddenly I'm getting 100% disk issues, re-checking takes hours instead of minutes and seconds, download speeds are 2k, 3K, etc.

I've played around with disk cache settings but can someone tell me how to work out what the settings should be? I'm on a Wireless N network to my NAS drive. So what sort of disk cache settings should I be using? And why doesn't uTorrent work these out automatically? Should I turn on Windows caching if uTorrent can't handle this setup?

And why did the previous beta work and this one doesn't?

25229. Bug report : When I click on any particular torrent, the torrent entry is blanked out and a silver bar appears.
Same here, is kinda annoying atm

I'm also having this problem in 25229, 25233, 25234. Clicking the silver bar causes streaming to start. The bar does not appear if I select multiple torrents with Ctrl + click or Shift + click. Seems to be fixed in 25252

kiTjAs.jpg

The RSS Downloader window has resizing issues in 25229, 25233, 25234, 25252.

1) I open the RSS Downloader window.

bRqOzs.jpg

2) I resize the RSS Downloader window.

dIq3Fs.jpg

3) I close the RSS Downloader window.

4) I reopen the RSS Downloader window.

p00Bcs.jpg

I'm running WinXP SP3.

Five feature requests:

1) Allow the detailed info tabs to be rearranged.

2) Provide an option to hide the "drop files to send" box. Solution pointed out below by bugmenot2

3) If the Feeds list is expanded when µTorrent exits, the Feeds list should be expanded when µTorrent next starts. Done in 25234

4) Provide an option to show absolute dates and times in the "Added" and "Completed" columns. Done in 25234

5) Fire an event when a torrent is added as unstarted (as described here).

Thanks again for all the hard work!

25229. Bug report : When I click on any particular torrent' date=' the torrent entry is blanked out and a silver bar appears.[/quote']

I'm also having this problem in both 25229 and 25233. Clicking the silver bar causes streaming to start. The bar does not appear if I select multiple torrents with Ctrl + click or Shift + click.

Same here ;-)

Five feature requests:

2) Provide an option to hide the "drop files to send" box.

Try "Options" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced" -> "gui.show_dropzone" and set it to "false". Worked for me.

"it's rendered uTorrent unusable for now"

Same story as most other software. More and more bloated features, yet base functionality is compromised. Software eventually becomes so bloated, bug-ridden, memory-hogging and disk-thrashing that nobody with two brain cells to rub together wants to use it anymore - except for the old versions, which did the job.

I'm sticking with 1.8.5, and suggest everyone else to do the same. The developer's got the same infection as most of the rest. I trust he will continue to transform the 'development' process into a 'degeneration process' until the 'end of the line' is reached, upon which he will ditch the software and disappear when he - and perhaps his 'team' - can no longer support the bloated, bugged-out weight of the monstrosity he created.

This application jumped the shark years ago. Now it's just a matter of how long it will take to complete its death-march into a dusty grave.

If you want stability, run 2.2.1. It says -beta- in the name, not stable.

How about adding something to give a nudge to people who have 100% of a file, to carry on upping it. How about making uTorrent speeds up and down = each other. So if you download at a fast speed you upload at a fast speed. I see plenty of peers with 100%, but with hardly any speed. I think this is very unfair.

i`m very sorry, it must be extremly stupid,but my brain`s just fried out right now, so...

standAlone version can`t be launched, while standard version is working?

it`s not possible to launch several instances of a program?

is there a way to make program use several ports instread of 1, to spread activity to several ports? wouldn`t it be useful, when there are a lot of torrents?

and again, my apologies.

and, please, excuse my english.

25229. Bug report : When I click on any particular torrent' date=' the torrent entry is blanked out and a silver bar appears.[/quote']

I'm also having this problem in both 25229 and 25233. Clicking the silver bar causes streaming to start. The bar does not appear if I select multiple torrents with Ctrl + click or Shift + click.

Same here ;-)

Five feature requests:

2) Provide an option to hide the "drop files to send" box.

Try "Options" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced" -> "gui.show_dropzone" and set it to "false". Worked for me.

Still with the same silver rectangle

Also tryed ""Options" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced" -> "gui.show_dropzone" and set it to "false", Didn't work...

If i use the other method to see the torrent progress automaticaly the torrent set to Forced start insted of normal start

Build 25234

Same issue with silver bar.

Occurred at 9th and 11th rows. Both were in the "Finished" state.

Didnt have more torrents than that to test.

Do feel there's some sort of numeric regression / clause which is causing this issue as there's no issue on 25220.

Regards

people who have 100% of a file, to carry on upping it.  How about making uTorrent speeds up and down = each other.  So if you download at a fast speed you upload at a fast speed.  I see plenty of peers with 100%, but with hardly any speed.  I think this is very unfair.

This is a silly idea.

The obvious reason being that internet connections are generally asynchronous. This means most people can only upload at 1/8th of the speed they can download at.

Furthermore, that's not the way the system is designed to run, thus implementing it a client level without protocol support seems stupid.

New 3.0 up to fix several issues, including the longstanding issue of F2 not actually renaming items correctly.

Thank you very much for fixing renaming torrents (F2) and for moving DL-icons back to Name column.

Everything works and looks great so far.

i`m very sorry, it must be extremly stupid,but my brain`s just fried out right now, so...

standAlone version can`t be launched, while standard version is working?

it`s not possible to launch several instances of a program?

is there a way to make program use several ports instread of 1, to spread activity to several ports? wouldn`t it be useful, when there are a lot of torrents?

and again, my apologies.

and, please, excuse my english.

Hi,

utorrent's interactions with other running utorrent processes/versions and behaviour during install are very complicated, and I won't go into them here.

The short answer is, you are correct; only one utorrent process can be running at the same time.

However, there is good news! Using more than one port will not actually get you better speeds.

Your hardware can deliver the same amount of data to one port or many.

In fact, because of the way the bittorrent protocol works, if you use one port, you will be credited with all the data you have uploaded, with will cause your peers to send to you much faster.

Remember that, in general, the faster your upload speeds, the faster your download speeds.

Hm. I use two versions of uTorrent. The first one is for regular download/upload. The second one is for RSS-downloads.

Both versions can run simultaneously. Each one uses the separate database (settings.dat, resume.dat, etc) and separate folders for storing torrent files, each one uses the separate port.

All you have to do is to setup two (or even more) versions as standalone, rename uttorrent.exe, add "/recover" to shortcut.

For example, the file structure will be similiar to this:

··· Some_Root_Folder\    ··· uTorrent_version_1\        ··· added_torrents\        ··· finished_torrents\        ··· utorrent_1.exe        ··· utorrent.ico        ··· resume.bat        ··· rss.dat        ··· settings.bat    ··· uTorrent_version_2\        ··· added_torrents\        ··· finished_torrents\        ··· utorrent_2.exe        ··· utorrent.ico        ··· resume.bat        ··· rss.dat        ··· settings.bat

If you want to be able to visually distinguish among running uTorrent instances, you should add different icons (utorrent.ico) to the folders.

And it is convenient to associate torrent-files in your browser to one of uTorrent versions (so that when no instance is loaded the browser will run the needed one).

Such configuration works perfectly. The only small inconvenience happens when both instances are running and you want to auto-update one. uTorrent successfully updates the needed version, but is unable to restart it automatically (so you have to click your uTorrent shortcut manually - it's no problem).

MANUAL:

- make 2 folders

- copy utorrent.exe, settings.dat (and maybe resume.dat/rss.dat, if needed) to each folder

- rename each utorrent.exe (e.g. to utorrent_1.exe and utorrent_2.exe)

- download different icons for each folder (it will help to choose the needed version visually) and rename them to utorrent.ico

- create shorcuts to each EXE-file, open shortcut properties, add "/recover" to the end of command line (example: C:\some_folder\utorrent_1\utorrent_1.exe /recover)

- run each version, configure as you like, set different ports

- you may want to configure the folders, where each utorrent should save torrent-files, otherwise both versions will save torrent-files to windows user folder. In my example both utorrent versions use their own folders(added_torrents and finished_torrents)

Here is how it looks:

288r.th.png

Fix: RSS Feeds node was not re-expanded across restarts

Thank you.:)

Only problem for me now is log flooding with these messages:

[2011-05-03 20:39:43] MYIP:MYPORT [uTP](Torrentname): Banning peer: same peer id as existing peer

Remember that, in general, the faster your upload speeds, the faster your download speeds.

Interesting. For example, I configured one version of uTorrent to download torrents using RSS. It uses popular public trackers with thousands of pears for each torrent. So I have no goal to heighten my ratio and to upload any data at all.

I use the upload speed limit to block any upload (my connection speed is 30 Mbit/s, Upload limit is 200 KB/s).

So my question #1: does this upload limit affect my download speed? And is there a better way to turn the upload off?

Also I noticed that when the torrent has a thousand or even more seeders, uTorrent has problems with choosing the quick ones. It takes sometimes several minutes for uTorrent to reach at least 1 MBytes/s (of available 30 Mbits/s). But when the torrent has less seeders (about a hundred) there is no such problem - and uTorrent gains the speed quickly.

My settings:

Global maximum number of connections: 850

Maximum number of connected pears per torrent: 125

Number of upload slots per torrent: 30 (BTW, what if I set this to zero? will it block the upload without affecting download?)

I usually have the maximum of 5 active torrents in this version of uTorrent. OS: Windows 7

The question #2: What should I do to increase the download speed of torrents with too many seeders (1000+)? (or to lessen the time of gaining the full available speed)

using UT 3.0 build 25234

the status shows "Error : data is invalid " for some torrents and the download stops

Then wen i resume it rechecks the data and downloads starts again..

it has happened for 3 torrents i have downloaded and also existed in the previous build...

Please fix it ...

also the log shows many ::

"[2011-05-04 14:04:38] 192.168.1.2:50000 [uTP](XXXXXX): Banning peer: same peer id as existing peer" messages

Also Why does UTorrent 3.0 renames some files by appending ".1" extension??

It did not rename the file to its original extension in one of the cases and Utorrent downloaded the same file again on not finding it ....

pls fix this too

Archived