seeding gets me frustrated

mightyswamp

Hello,

I have to upload a torrent for a client that needs to download some big files and stuff. I have no problems making the torrent, linking the stuff so it can seed and blablabla.

The problem is the seeding itself. Everything goes fine, the torrent works, but all I get to see is my torrent saying 'Seeding' and getting no further then Seeds: 0 of 1 connected (1 in swarm)

That 1 is me, but I'm connected! I get a green dot and all, my torrent arrow is green, no problems with NAT and stuff, no ISP trouble, my incoming TCP port is fine, I forwarded some ports in my router, all fine, got fixed IP, stuff like that. If I download a largely shared torrent I can download AND upload it to other users so basically I can't seem to find ANY problem.

When my client opens the torrent, it simply doesn't start downloading and the 0 of 1 connected stays the same.

What the hell is wrong? I've been looking for answers for days now but I just can't seem to fix it.

All help much appreciated!

I'm not sure if I should make a new topic or not, but I'm having trouble creating torrents ever since I downloaded version 3.0. I am making the torrents the exact same way with the same trackers, but for some reason, after I save the torrent, it won't upload. Even if no one was downloading, the torrent should still be complete for me.

7503565_1156x710.png

I read the FAQ and help file concerning creating torrents and I see nothing about how to "point uTorrent at the files". If there is a way to do this, it is not on by default anymore and it is hard to find.

By the way, only directories seem to have this problem (using "Add directory" in the New Torrent dialog). I can still create new torrents containing a single file (using "Add File") and they start seeding properly.

I did tell it to start immediately but no matter what I tried I could not get anything to upload (unless it was a single file).

I eventually re-installed 2.0.4 and recreated the torrent. Now it is uploading fine and it actually kept all 1000 peers. I suggest someone look into the issue since it only happened once I installed 3.0 64-bit beta.

Archived