Why does Utorrent 3.0 beta change the "last modified" attribute?

PeFro

With the new Utorrent 3.0 beta the "last modified" attribute of currently seeding files - to be precise their folders - is changed in a continous manner as long as uttorrent is running and the file is seeded.

This screws with the organization of my download folder as I´m used to orientate myself by this property.

Is this behaviour wanted and if so, what for and is it possible to deactivate it?

PeFro

With the new Utorrent 3.0 beta the "last modified" attribute of currently seeding files - to be precise their folders - is changed in a continous manner as long as uttorrent is running and the file is seeded.

This screws with the organization of my download folder as I´m used to orientate myself by this property.

Is this behaviour wanted and if so, what for and is it possible to deactivate it?

PeFro

What OS are you using? We've noticed this with the Mac, and a task has been entered to fix it.

Hi, noob here. If I understand correctly, fellow member PeFro is speaking about the "jumping around of files" in the new 3.0beta.... If so, I am also experiencing this... I like to" highlight" particular files and then check the peers down below,etc. and all the stats . With these jumping files, you got to be fast clicking on the wanted file... or you'll end up clicking a surprise file. No big... (My lingo will improve w time - hope it's understandable)...

Oh... I'm running windows 7 64bit - too.

Hope I've posted this comment in the correct reply spot. If not - never mind... It'll only happen once.

PeFro..... Thanks for your kind correction.... I was just about to post how magically the file jumping had stopped... (Imagine my embarrassment)

I'll do less talking and more listening. I'm breaking-in my first computer... as of X-mas 2010. 4 months on line, and ya think ya know it all.... Less talking....More Listening...!

I am also seeing this issue (of course) on Win7 x64 and it is causing me major issues with the way I handle my tv show downloads. When shows complete, I have robocopy copy the newly downloaded show only to a staging folder and have another program that runs to sort/rename all of the files. Now, I randomly have all or most of the shows that are seeding being copied over and over into a staging folder and it's causing some major issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived