Just keep getting hashfails

eViscegaS

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to download a iso Image with uTorrent, but I just can't get a complete, valid download. When the download is "finished", I stop it and use the "force recheck" option. uTorrent always finds some two or three hashfails. I then start the torrent again and wait until it has finished. When I recheck, I get another two or three hashfails (new faulty pieces). This keeps repeating forever :(

Anyone's got an idea what's the problem? I've already checked my hard disk and RAM and they seem ok.

How come you are able to 'finish' the download? I thought if there were hashfails utorrent would automatically exclude the piece with hashfail just after downloading in which case you wouldn't have been able to 'finish' the torrent until valid pieces were found. Hashfails occur mainly because of torrent poisoning - some users seed fake data. I am guessing this may be a bug with utorrent since it 'finishes' the torrent inspite of downloading files with hashfails. Suggested solution : try downloading the torrent with another client like vuze and see if it works. Otherwise yoy may try reinstalling the latest version of utorrent and see if it solves the issue.

Archived