Moving/deleting downloaded files

CMTorrent99

Hello, I'm new to torrenting. Recently I downloaded some files, which went to the downloads folder on my hard drive. The drive is starting to run out of space, so I want to move the files to my network drive (which has plenty of space), but every time I try to move it I get a pop-up message saying "Cannot move [folder name]: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again."

I figure it's mTorrent making the files available for upload, so I exit mTorrent. But I keep getting the same message.

How can I move these files? And if I move them, can I tell mTorrent where to find them, so that they're still available for upload and I'm not being a leech?

Thanks,

CM

This is driving me crazy. I have *exited* mTorrent from my system tray. I right click the folder I want to delete, select properties, and uncheck "read-only". But then I go to properties and see that it's back to read only. And still I can't delete the folder. What am I missing?

I'm a new user, and I've struggled with this as well. I'm so happy - I finally figured out how to move the folder locations - AND IT'S SO EASY! (in version 2.2.1)

1. Open uTorrent

2. In the main section of the screen, in the name column, right-click on the name of the Torrent you want to move

3. Click on Advanced > Set Download Location, browse to the destination folder, click on "Select Folder"

That's it! If you open windows explorer and look for the folder, it will no longer be in the old location - it will be moved to the new location. uTorrent moves the folder on your hard drive, and you don't lose any seeding activity, etc. This has worked for both finished and seeding torrents. However, I have not tried it to a currently downloading torrent. :o)

Archived