Question about comments (uT 3.0)

Toryu

So, the new utorrent will have the option to add comments and ratings to each torrents. Although the idea is nice, it makes me wonder if it will actually be used the way it's intended. I fear it will be swamped spam, anti-piracy warnings and links to malicious websites.

So who and how will the comments be moderated? Will it have captcha-protection to stop spamming-bots? Get users or private trackers the option to disable it, similar to DHT/PEX/LPD?

I probably will because I don't care about comments, but that's not my point. Those comments might be very annoying and possibly cause security risk, especially s for novice users. I'm wondering what the utorrent developers came up with to prevent that from happening.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just don't upgrade. Every descent torrent-site does this far better then a download client ever can, mainly because it then can be moderated. Comments inside a client are dangerous and utterly pointless.

Still, I'm disappointed no one addressed my concerns in the past 2 months. Especially now that 3.0 has arrived and it will soon be used my most of the mainstream users. To me it's common sense the comments will be filled with spam, and malware/scareware sooner of later. I'm sure the µtorrent developers know what kind of pressure anti-piracy organisations put on illegal download clients and its users. They won't let that change go by to track down and scare them. IMHO

Archived