Uploading Torrents fails!

Diroll

Hello.

downloading , seeding/uploading when DOWNLOADING work smoothly, but when trying to upload a separate torrent related file/folder, it doesn't work!

Some trackers seem to be "working".

Speed test fails but network and port test works well. Sometimes i have a green circule and sometimes not, but the test works regradless of this except the speed test and the downloading + seeding as well.

Tried to turn of firewalls but the same issue :s

Regards.

I tried another website already and the same thing...even added more trackers :S..........

Not a uTorrent problem, if you created a torrent and can not upload it to a hosting site. More trackers won't help.

What did the site say when you asked them why you couldn't upload the torrent? Fix that and you should be fine.

i'm able to upload the torrent itself but not files associated with.

i know not a uttorrent problem but what could it be?

i haven't asked any yet because 3 websites failed in uploading, i assume something from my side.

i'm able to upload the torrent itself but not files associated with.

i know not a uttorrent problem but what could it be?

i haven't asked any yet because 3 websites failed in uploading, i assume something from my side.

What could it be? Hmm, let me see.

How about once a torrent is created, you only need to upload the torrent file to the hosting site. The files stay on your PC and get shared once people download the torrent file and start it in their client. That is providing you are seeding it.

Review this guide.

http://user.utorrent.com/help/guides/make-a-torrent

Wait...wait!

When i upload the torrent file and it is loaded automatically in the Utorrent, shouldn't i see the uploaded bytes increasing as if it is working? or only when someone grabs it and starts downloading?

if yes then is it the same case for private torrents ? or the case where the associated folder is fully uploaded to the websites?! ( I already followed that guide Initially)>>>>

I'd also like if you explain to me the differences between: initial seeding and start seeding.

Wait...wait!

When i upload the torrent file and it is loaded automatically in the Utorrent, shouldn't i see the uploaded bytes increasing as if it is working? or only when someone grabs it and starts downloading?

if yes then is it the same case for private torrents ? or the case where the associated folder is fully uploaded to the websites?! ( I already followed that guide Initially)>>>>

I'd also like if you explain to me the differences between: initial seeding and start seeding.

You will only see the upload bytes increasing after somebody has discovered, downloaded and started the torrent downloading in uTorrent.

The same with private torrents and you can not upload the associated folder/files to the hosting site. That is the purpose of the torrent file to direct others to where the folder/files reside on your computer. When others have parts or all of the file, then they also become seeders.

Initial seeding.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=14036

Ok pretty thanks.

I already know this but the utorrent making guide made me misunderstand/mix with something related to "private torrents" and that's why i lost track :P...

well that means i have to keep my computer alive 24 hours until someone gets the torrent or DHT works out .

Please 1 more thing: when uploading, does it consume download bytes? if yes how much? very little....or...?!

Regards.

In my opinion with DHT and magnet links trackers are no longer necessary, unless you are hosting your torrents on a private hosting site and are required to use their tracker.

I edit all the trackers out of the torrents I download and just rely on DHT and PEX.

Some public sites recommend you upload the torrent to their site without a tracker and then they add the ones they want. Unfortunately one of those sites still adds their own tracker which they shut down about 2 years ago.

Edit: To answer the change in question.

Yes, you will see download activity when just seeding. That is network overhead from those seeking out and connecting to your torrent. Should be minimal.

Archived