Error: the system cannot find the file specified

dijor

Nope. My drive letter (H:) has not changed in 3 months.

Please fix, or suggest a workaround!!

Or if you can't fix this, at least make uTorrent tell us what damn file is NOT FOUND.

Windows 7 64-bit, Ultimate, SP1. Latest stable uTorrent.

Torrent size: 25.7 GB. Lots of files, so it would be nice to know which file is the problem.

Did that already 5-10 times!!

Something is very VERY wrong here!

More info:

The torrent in question was downloaded up to 96%.

It is a changing/dynamic torrent, i.e. new files are added to it every week, and I need to stop/delete the old torrent and (re)download the new torrent file from the torrent tracker (a Russian one). For example, if the files last week are 30, then 2 more are added and it becomes 32 files.

No long file names, longest file path is under 70 chars.

I re-checked the torrent several times, and nothing helped.

Then I decided to exit uTorrent and run it again then try a re-check again.

The torrent got back to 74% from 96%!!

Then I tried again, and the torrent got back to 7% (which means I had/have to re-download more than 20 GBs again!!).

This seems like a serious and horrible bug, please can you try investigating this?

I have not deleted or changed any files in the torrent.

I do have uTorrent set to add .!ut extension to uncompleted files.

The torrent folder location is on an external USB 3.0 hard drive, formatted with the exFAT file system (the drive is WD MyBook).

Please tell me if you need more info...

• 5 weeks later...

This is definitely related to the drive or its security permissions...I recall having the same issue with an external USB drive a few years ago...the drive was about to die btw...cycling power helped once or twice...but not for the drive Im using right now. If you look while downloading...Utorrent is unable to create a .torrent file in the designated "store .torrents in:" folder...and all of your other .torrent files are now missing as well!

So here are two workarounds:

- Change the HDD's drive letter and reboot your PC...then reconfigure Utorrent (preferences) by drilling down to the new drive and folder - you only need to check these two ticker boxes..."Put New downloads In:" & "store .torrents in"...btw.

or

- Just change the location of your - "store .torrents in:" folder to a different HDD on your PC

Good luck :D

BDC

• 8 months later...

I was having the same issue but the following solved it:

Right click torrent in question -> Advanced -> Set Download Location

It was previously set to download to "Documents" or some proprietary Windows folder, so I just set it to c:\movies. Downloading at 740k now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived